Muffler modding MS361?

18 stoner

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have slept on it now and feel ready to step up to the breech again

“What is the point of this except to stir up trouble?” That’s rich coming from you, you seem to spend all your time following me round the forum trying to undermine my advice. Don’t deny it, I may act stupid at times but it doesn’t mean I am.

“I have never explicitly claimed to have more experience than you so you must have inferred that from reading my posts. You are the self proclaimed "expert".” No, not explicitly but you have niggled and had a pop at a large percentage of my posts – “Self proclaimed” – I think you are mixing this up with happy customers with fixed machines and thankful owners that have had useful advice…FREE advice from forum & friendship – isn’t that what a Forum is all about???If you look at many of the posts, it is actually others recommending me, NOT the other way round!

I gauge success as turning a saw from a non runner in to a runner at a minimal cost to the customer and the customer coming back again 6 months later as they were happy with the job. I have no manufacturer to back me up with a database, parts lists, service manuals etc but have managed to fix everything that has come in even with my meager resources.

“Who's hiding?” In the past we have all had the abusive phone conversations and e-mails etc but don’t see too many people queuing up to do it face to face!

“With regards to tuning the modded saw, ……..A tach is of little use as factory specs will no longer be applicable.” Nearly correct but …..whatever! BTW - I recognise the line from Arboristsite!

Yesterday I was all for throwing in the towel on this site but I think that perhaps this isn’t what others would want and it isn’t what the Forum is about, the dealer kicking the man in the shed out!

So – that is it as far as I am concerned, from now on I will ignore your little digs and throw away comments, don’t even bother answering this, I am not interested and have nothing to say to you, I am too busy to bother with you and your rhetoric.

From;http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/531765-post34.html

Looks like we have two experts on this site - I couldn't have put it any better myself

If you were commenting I was one then who was the other?

You obviously have a problem with anyone giving advice which improves upon or contradicts your own and indeed difficulty accepting advice yourself. I don't see any of your advice I have undermined, merely added to or asked questions about if what you posted from my technical opinion was incorrect.

This site is a one way system for me, give good technical advice and get little in return for my time. There is no financial interest for me.

It isn't worth it and I will cease to post here with immediate effect. To anyone that has appreciated my advice; your welcome.

Here are a few useful resource links I hope some can make use of;

-Husqvarna illustrated parts lists Untick "manuals" and tick "illustrated parts lists".

-Some Stihl Tech tips newsletters

-Various manufacturers parts lookup including B+S, Honda, Homelite, Oregon etc

-Jonsered parts lists including various older models.

-Parts, service manuals and tech bulletins various

-Oregon 511ax user manual

-Introduction to cylinder porting, covers the basics.

-Spotting fake chainsaws

FFS Megatron... This is getting bloody boring now, grow up, get a life and stop trawling through multiple posts and quotes to try and prove a point.

Both yourself and Spud seem knowledgable chaps. Co-exist as the rest of us are getting bored with the playground stuff.

Peace.

I for one would like to welcome all to advise, much as everyone else is able to without too much difficulty. Why is it that 2 saw doctors can't help others out without having a dig at each other, it's not like you're even treading on each others toes in the real world. I'd like to see you both just shake hands (as much as you can online) put your differences behind you and continue to help others. thanks once again.

I've kept out of this so far, but as it was me who started the thread, I will give my ten penneth.

Firstly, I am very grateful for all who contributed to the subject of the thread. Some good points from all that have been a good help to me, and will hopefully be so for others too.

As for the "banter", there is obviously some history here I'm not familiar with but as others have said its a shame it comes to this back and forth stuff taking the edge off an informative thread.

I really do hope those concerned can move forward from this now and be the end of it.

Once again thanks for the technical input, it is appreciated.:thumbup1:

Well just had a quick look through this. These 2 should settle it the old fashioned way. 2 saws the same make and model, fitted with the same size bars and 2 brand new chains, lets say oregon lpx, 2 13" logs, 1 combi bottle between the 2 and 2 stop watches. RACE, RACE, RACE, RACE!!!!!