speach less!

Craig Johnson

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope they were made to plant new trees as a longer term solution to the drastic issue.

If all those were covered by TPO orders then I would dread to think what is allowed that is not in a prominent location

Haha, yes, and leaves in the gutter and on the drive . :laugh1:

After reading the tree report, they were retopped because of extensive rot pockets caused by the previous topping, which should be providing a lesson to all the toppers and loppers

I would say a vast majority of so called tree surgeons don't have the knowledge or skill to create a pollard and most don't even know the consequences of topping a tree.

Pollarding is a skilled job, topping is a bodge job

The tree surgery business is a bit similar to the building business, there are thousands of builders out there that will just knock a hole through a wall and stick a lintel up without checking whether it's a supporting wall or having the knowledge to calculate whether the lintel is substantial enough to support the weight. Or even knock a chimney breast out and leave the remainder of the chimney supported on a wooden beam.

Then there's the knowledgable builder who knows his stuff

Anyone can setup as a builder and then pretend to know what they are doing

Same in tree surgery, people setup with no prior knowledge then don't even bother to study and learn. I know a lot of tree surgeons that have never even bothered to pick a book up to even bother trying to learn in their whole career.

These are the ones that haven't got a clue about the consequences of their action, both biologically for the tree and safety wise for the public.

Anyone can take a tree down or cut big lumps off, just the same as anyone can knock a big gaping hole through a wall

Sorry if I may upset someeople but ignorance and greed is rife in this tree work and " we have a mortgage to pay" or "someone else will do it" is no excuse for shoddy or bogey work.

The reason these trees are being taken down or remutilated is just because someone didn't have a clue that their action ultimately ruined this historic avenue of trees which will eventually have to come down.

At least the original butchers got a wage that week eh

Just a thought, it takes no more effort to do cuts correctly, than to do them badly, so even if some low priced budget job was ordered, there is no excuse for poor workmanship. This applies equally to line clearance, roadside clearance and privTe domestic work, as well as LA works. I remember a few years back getting the call to go and rectify poor pruning carried out by the line clearance guys. an entire avenue looked as if a grenade had been lobbed into each tree, and it was the pride of the Town Council. We reduced each crown symmetrically, they filled out and look ideal now until the next time they are "trimmed"! The fact was though, the work per tree didn't take us very long to put right, so why not do it properly the first time around?