boys day out

burrell_

But how much of it is down to the chain type, sharpening and depth guages, sprocket size

I reckon i could affect the cutting speed by a lot dependant on wood choice vs chain setup after a few runs

Think this may come in on the next run, the 560, 346 and 357 were on 0.325, the rest were on 3/8 bar the 076 and not sure about the 084, think Ed needs a grinder!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how much of it is down to the chain type, sharpening and depth guages, sprocket size

I reckon i could affect the cutting speed by a lot dependant on wood choice vs chain setup after a few runs

560 had a new chain ... I recon it gets faster about a third of the way through.

It is the kerf reducing as the chain width reduces as the cutters are ground back:thumbup: Sorry to get technical:001_rolleyes:

Has anyone thought of running .325 " pixal" chains ( Huskys narrow kerf ) ? I once bought a 385 from Canada and it had a 33" bar 3/8 pitch and it .050 guage ! Less wood to remove in the cut faster job ?

Has anyone thought of running .325 " pixal" chains ( Huskys narrow kerf ) ? I once bought a 385 from Canada and it had a 33" bar 3/8 pitch and it .050 guage ! Less wood to remove in the cut faster job ?

It is on the list of "things to try at Sawfest 2 - son of Sawfest:thumbup:" Oregon do a narrow kerf system and will look in to this as well as the other things on my list.

Think the bar on my 346XP is a bit slack as it should cut a damn sight faster than it did in one of the vids, the revs hold really high but it is just not cutting as fast as it should. Reckon the chain is moving side to side resulting in a wider kerf or sitting on one side and only the cutters on one side working properly.

It worked better on the 357XP but isn't as aggressive as it should!

Looks like that was real fun, only just had chance to watch all the vids:thumbup:

I would of loved to see my 360 against that 560 Matty:sneaky2::thumbup1:

Why don't we look at doing something similar for us up here Pete? Reckon I could probably blag the demo 560 again if none of us have got one by then.