hitch climber nightmare

tony053

Don't worry about too many wraps. I found that the shorter you can make it from the bottom of your braids to the top of your HC (without your rope being bunched up between the braids), the more reliable it is to grip. 3 wraps or even 2 will do it, with 2 braids. You shouldn't have it so that you forget about setting it though. Good to always either watch it or give it a little nudge as you put your weight on it.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One little trick i have found to make ascent faster and easier is to attach a tape sling to the bottom karabiner and then to the bridge on my harness and then just pull the tail of the rope. This is also why i would like the hitch to set itself as when i first tried it i had a quick fall to the ground luckily it was on first pull so was only a couple of foot of the ground :/

One little trick i have found to make ascent faster and easier is to attach a tape sling to the bottom karabiner and then to the bridge on my harness and then just pull the tail of the rope. This is also why i would like the hitch to set itself as when i first tried it i had a quick fall to the ground luckily it was on first pull so was only a couple of foot of the ground :/

Yes it's good, it does the same job as the o rig! it gets your hitch up a bit so you can body thrust you've got to be careful you don't make your hitch out of reach tho, the good thing with the o rig you can bring your hitch back down to the normal position you can't with a sling!

Edited by Paulfreebury

I definitely think a shorter cord helps. the pre made e2e kits are 90cm, but i find them too long (similar problems to you, having to set the hitch for it to bite etc). experiment with different lengths!

STEIN have just bought out three eye to eyes at 75 cm read more about them on the fletcher stewart website.

Fletcher Stewart

Work well on 13mm tied as either Mitchegan and Schwab hitches. Nice positive lock and short sit back all makes for a nice safe feel. Your line wont tend to self feed through these as eaily as it will with a VT but you have to weigh up which you prefer.