How safe are your feet? Chainsaw boot test

Mick the Tree

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what saw are you using? looks abit beasty to be using on that test,

ppe depeds on the power/chainspeed of your saw, it is not there to be 100% effective but there to decrease the risk in injury,

someone once said to me, if u wouldnt do it in your shorts and sandles, dont do it in your chainsaw gear

Chainsaw boots are just a green light to some to stand on or prop wood while cutting, thats why quite a few people I know have knicked them while cutting.

I wear Hi tec Magnums they are light flexable and half the price of the boots most wear.

They dont chew up lawns in the winter like the tread on some boots plus no steel toe caps to roll over and cut your toes off in the event of being crushed.

Chainsaw boots are just a green light to some to stand on or prop wood while cutting, thats why quite a few people I know have knicked them while cutting.

I wear Hi tec Magnums they are light flexable and half the price of the boots most wear.

They dont chew up lawns in the winter like the tread on some boots plus no steel toe caps to roll over and cut your toes off in the event of being crushed.

But your toes will be crushed, I'd sooner still have my toes uncrushed at least they can be reattached.

The test is flawed and unfair, boots are not designed to take cuts that way, just look at the other lab test shown, across the tongue cutting straight down in a robotic nature.

It's still good to re-cap on these things to make all aware of the short comings of ppe.

It's been said over and over ppe does not give protection against what we deal with, even you hard hat is not going to protect you from that chog falling 30+ ft!

Be carefully be aware and keep safe.

I think you need to try a real life test ie the saw flicking against and running across the boot not someone trying to cut it in half.

I think its fairly safe to say that chainsaw protective boots offer more protection than say just a pair of leather steel toe cap work boots.