Time for some new trousers ... Oregon Waipoua??

will.morris

I have the Type-c's. Ordered a size too big incase I need to wear some combats under them in the cold but they still only just fit without. Fairly tough, not much stretch in them though.

I would try a pair on for size first, over all good value for the price.

Went for the hilflexs in the end after trying some different trousers on, though never thought I would! I thought the steins were really nice but the hiflexs are lighter and a bit more flexible. Hope i don't get saw dust/dirt on them at work :P haha

• 8 months later...

ive had a pair for 6 months and know theyre full of holes, the blocking material has all shiftes and the arse has busted in 2 or 3 places so not happy. Admittedly they are comfortable but they arent as tough enough for use in full time forestry in my opinion, plus the lack of pockets is a right pig as you have to where a tool belt to carry wedges in. Next trousers will probably be the fiordlands as they look a wee bit tougher, only one way to find out though

have a pair of pfanner gladiator 2 a class very good i only work on ground but when i am strimming do not feel anything coming back on legs use them with chain saw and comfortable to wear all day not that bad in in summer do get a bit warm but not uncomfortable. there only downside is this time of year very thin on bum and back of legs and you do feel the cold coming in. also what i like about them has 4 pockets two on each side of hip which zip up so do not loose anything out of pockets and harder to open them by mistake has one on left leg velcro and a zip on on right bum. has very good padding all down front of trousers. use them for hedge laying too and do not get sore knees after laying all day.

got them from forest&arb winchester Richard is the man to talk to.i would buy another pair. and not that dear when it comes to chain saw trousers far better than the sthils totally different league

Edited by hedgesparrow