Some serious advice needed please chaps.

farmer_ben

Evening all,

After the excellent advice arbtalk offered a few months back regarding a funny old customer of mine, I now have a more awkward one that I dont know how to tackle.

To cut a long story short, a well known chap in the village asked for a load of wood from me, we discussed his requirements, I told him my standard load was 1.2 cube, he wanted the logs 14" and we agreeded on a 1.2 cube load of 14" 18month seasoned ash. I explained all of this fully, dropped wood off next day and he gave me cheque straight away. That was 4 weeks ago, I open the local newsletter today to find in his monthly column he has, I feel, attacked me and my firewood business.

I am the only firewood guy around here and the only one who advertises in the newsletter so readers will know he is directing his comments at my firewood business. The guy is making some wild claims which are completely untrue. I never mentioned anything about what my wood weighed, I never have or will sell by weight, only by volume. And I have reciepts to prove the Ash I said him was month then 18 months seasoned so he has lied about that too.

I haven't spoken to the guy yet as I am to angry and don't want to loose my rag with him...yet. This column and his view on my logs is likely to loose me customers and I'm not over happy about that.

What would you guys do in my position, I know some of you will just say get on with it and move on etc, but I have to much pride in my firewood to let this prat do potentially a lot of damage to my business.

Thanks

firewodscan.jpg.3adbf3df5862d17dc9e094fcfc5fcd2d.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for them 3 responses straight away. i have emailed the editor already (incidently another log customer of mine) and told him i am very disappointed he printed this and I will be seeking legal advice.

Thanks again, I am really gutted about this and aim to stand up for myself

Sorry to hear of your aggro with this guy!

Perhaps you should find out who edits / publishes the village newsletter (hopefully not the same guy) and go to them with your side of the story. Either that or just ignore him. Your regular customers will stick with you. Good luck👍