MikeTM150

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HI BIG J what it like on petrol thanks jon :thumbup:

Thirsty John! Tank holds 1.2l and empties in 40 odd minutes. So realistically 10l a day. Pennies compared to the physiotherapy required to maintain such a physical output though! :laugh1:

Thirsty John! Tank holds 1.2l and empties in 40 odd minutes. So realistically 10l a day. Pennies compared to the physiotherapy required to maintain such a physical output though! :laugh1:

HI BIG J thanks for that mate it sound the :thumbup1::thumbup1:mate just need the petrol too go in it not like 2 weeks ago jon :thumbup:

In all seriousness, I've found that for ringing up firewood bigger is always better. Seems to me that for each doubling of horsepower, cutting speed seems to increase four fold (so 50% more power seems to equal twice the cutting speed). 8.7hp on an 18 inch bar equals vast productivity, albeit at the expense of the feeling in your fingers!

but your the husky king jon

err, not so fast...!!

I have a wood ported 3120, which is prolly putting out close to 13 hp.... I've mounted a 20" bar on it a couple times, with a 9 tooth sprocket to run at logging shows.

Needless to say, she will cut some wood......

I've had it since the early '90's...had it ported in 2002. It may be a tad down in power....if so, not much though, after re-ringing it and putting a nice new crosshatch on the cylinder. Before porting, I was underimpressed with the saw..Now, it takes a heck of a lot of leaning on to slow it down, in softwoods, even with its normal 42" square filed skip .404 chain......It will pull a 5 foot bar as well, and has no problem with the 6 foot...the one time I broke it out.....that was on the 10.5 foot giant sequoia we murdered nearly two years ago.

For those who missed it, here's a slide show...sorry for the derail.

10.5 foot giant sequoia removal

HI STUBBY thats the one you need on a 18ins bar mate:thumbup1: not the 560 xp :lol:hows the 560 now jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon. Yep all seems fine now . Hotter plug , 2012 carb , and back to a 7 pin powermate rim . 18" bar . Don't know if it was one or a combination of things but its all good set up as above so I'm not tinkering with anything ! ! Thanks for asking bud .:thumbup:

Shortest I've used on an 880 was a 25" bar, which is still short enough for speed cutting comedy value. I was using to saw up the gnarly stuff that wouldn't split with an axe. Most fun I've had with a saw in, er, OK, a few months.