Stevie Blair's Hairdresser Car

Sam Thompson

Together it's Carnage :)

Mogs rule:)

I can't wait for that new girlie Landy.

Dean you did a paperwork trial for a practical application, silly boy :)

Mogs are ace, no doubt. But if I had only one truck, gotta be a Lannie D. I bet the DC10000 will go down really well in the dogging scene :001_tt2:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I remember correct, the narrowest mog was a full 9" wider than my landy. Which meant it wouldn't go down most of the drives I fit the landy down which would have meant a long drag for most of those jobs. As you all know 10ft nearer the job can make it a huge amount easier.

Mind you, I,ve had many jobs where I wished I had a mog, but the narrow long drives outnumber them :biggrin:

I love your little mog Stevie. :001_smile:

If I remember correct, the narrowest mog was a full 9" wider than my landy. Which meant it wouldn't go down most of the drives I fit the landy down which would have meant a long drag for most of those jobs. As you all know 10ft nearer the job can make it a huge amount easier.

Mind you, I,ve had many jobs where I wished I had a mog, but the narrow long drives outnumber them :biggrin:

I love your little mog Stevie. :001_smile:

You must have some really narrow drives round your way mate, I don't think I've ever had a drive I could not get my mog down due to width, hight tends to be more of an issue.

My mog will go any where a transit will and many places a transit won't.

landrover market slogan "the best 4x4xfar" bollocks, why then is there a multi million pound market selling bits to make them better, there basic bits of crap, I've broken more, got more stuck, and generaly hate them more than any other working vehicle. Even the military dont like them any more, you cant buy one in the US, without a **** load of mods being done, 3rd world countries have loads of them lying about broken, cos the newer ones have to much technology in them for back street mechanics to fix. they became a cult symbol and lr pandered to that, get a real 4x4 workhorse, get a mog, the beast that evry landie wants to be when it grows up.

ps an idea of how efective a mog is, how many aftermarket companies make uprated bits for them!!!!!!....very few...lol

I will measure the u900 Dean, I am sure it's 6'2" wide, I was amazed at the the roads where Luke lived, steep and narrow was an understatement, it goes to show the diferences in our jobs across the country for basically the same job, I love not doing door to door tree surgery just now :)

landrover market slogan "the best 4x4xfar" bollocks, why then is there a multi million pound market selling bits to make them better, there basic bits of crap, I've broken more, got more stuck, and generaly hate them more than any other working vehicle. Even the military dont like them any more, you cant buy one in the US, without a **** load of mods being done, 3rd world countries have loads of them lying about broken, cos the newer ones have to much technology in them for back street mechanics to fix. they became a cult symbol and lr pandered to that, get a real 4x4 workhorse, get a mog, the beast that evry landie wants to be when it grows up.

ps an idea of how efective a mog is, how many aftermarket companies make uprated bits for them!!!!!!....very few...lol

Maybe your name should be angrymog!! Each to there own really mate, a mog would be no use to me and my work whereas my landy is perfect for ME. :)

The reason there are so many after market parts is because there are a lot of old landy's out there,where as very few mogs,so no market for the parts.

Yes the landy is basic,and thats a good thing for the owner as he can do most of the maintenance at home,saving on modern workshop rates.

It is obvious you dont like the landy,your choice,but 'bits of cr*p' they are not,& a workhorse they most definately are,as many on here can testify.

The technology advanced ones,not suitable for the back street mechanics are td5 onwards,& like so many other vehicles with an ecu & engine management they do require hooking up to a diagnostic computer if you have a problem with the engine,not the end of the world in a modern country,other than that the mechanics are as you say basic,& hence easy & cost effective to repair,& outside of a mog,nothing else over here will touch them as a 4wd working machine with good longevity.:001_smile: