Gang members hard ?

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be involved with one of the real NZ gangs a prospect usually has to commit some sort of crime before becoming a full patched member. The two most well known gangs are Mongrel Mob and Black Power. The most recent high profile case was the rape and beating of a five year old girl on holiday from Denmark (I believe) by a 16 year old prospect. His cousin, aged 14, another prospect, was convicted and jailed a couple of years ago for murdering a lady in Taupo. The family is widely connected with the gangs and I believe at least one of the kids has been beaten and sexually abused by his family. Generations of the family have gang affiliation. I've just returned from Alcatraz and San Francisco. They should open somewhere similar for people like this to be left to rot.

The kids I refered to in the original post are the type that carry weapons, mug people, intimidate people and harass old folks. Kids that think they have to stab someone or shoot someone to be respected.

The kids I,m talking about are like the ones that robbed the foreign student that desperately needed help after his jaw was broken in the London riots, instead he was robbed.

These kids are scum, no other word for it

For some reason people think we,re on about all kids.....we,re not.

I see one common denominator in the kids you speak of Dean, but then I am colour blind :sneaky2:

Unfortunately many people only behave well if they are in fear of the consequences.

Those consequences can be very different for different people, it can be fear of god, fear of loosing there status in the community, or fear of prison, etc.

These days the consequences are much less and there is a good chance there will be none.

If your brought up properly you do whats right for your own self respect and would feel ashamed to behave as many do, but many are not brought up properly.

In previous generations there were more men who did really hard manual work, if a youngster got out of hand,they got flattened, as working men were must stronger than youngsters. This is no longer true, so they fear no consequences and just do as they wish.

I Don't think nothing's changed much there is just more of them... The casuals, mods and rockers all thrived on being violent..... Kids grow up some don't, your lucky if you come from a well balanced family or are supporting one , but on a whole are society is pretty messed up and you can't blame that on kids.

Watch Harry brown dean that will cheer you up!

I don't have time for all this "it's not their fault" brigade, of course it is, they choose their path in life, no-one else.

My lads have both grown up in a council house, in a row of council houses. They both went to the local State schools for their education. The high school not being in the top of achievers. Both lads chose who they wished to hang around with, which group to be a part of.

My oldest achieved all his gcses and A levels, then his degree, before starting his own business which is now respected through his own hard graft. The other lad did not achieve so well academically, but he knuckled down, spent his spare time working instead of being a bum, is now halfway through an apprenticeship with Honda, where he is constantly attaining 90%+ scores.

Both lads know right from wrong, have good morals, but were not brought up in either a strict manner, nor a religious manner. They totally chose their own paths, as do teens everywhere. I cannot claim that I did a good job as a father, I didn't pass a test and get a bit of paper, but the end result is one to be proud of.

There are many similar tales out there of our kids, probably many more than those of "bad" kids, it's just we don't hear the good in people. Perhaps a better investment of time and energy from more parents with their kids would be beneficial, but social and financial demands seem to take priority over kids needs.