Can someone recommend me a axe

scared of heights

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I burnt one out that had been cut down for 3years . I had run round it for as long with mower just put some brash on top away it went .:thumbup:

Thats why the guy wants his two removed , he is fed up mowing round about them . Think i'm gonna go for it :001_smile:

Keeping on topic. Bahco are a very good brand of Axe. Blackspur and silverline are far eatern noddy stuff- hence the reason they are rubbish.

cheeky noddy stuff

we all have to start at the bottom live n learn etc no cash to spare its hard at times for blokes like me to get even the smallest of items for chopping wood even down to buying carlton chain cos, its cheaper than stihl oregon etc

hope you dont take offence to my post its not personal

Sure- that's fair enough, but there is such thing as false economy....and after all you did ask for a recommendation, albeit with no budget mentioned. However, it may be a consideration for future, like minded questions?

Edited by pleasant

If you've got the patience, don't mind the work (which seems to be the case!) and there are stone/rock issues get yourself a mattock and keep the smaller cutting blade sharp. Use the wide hacking blade for stones and soil, the cutting blade for the roots. Remember that the further from the trunk you cut the roots the smaller they'll be.

But a 30" tree is still a fair stump to dig out by hand: any chance of getting a winch onto it as well? If you can cut a big root a couple of feet from the trunk the stub could be your attachment point to get a bit of leverage. Every little helps...

Where are you - nowhere near me I hope as I wouldn't want to get involved! :001_tt2:[/quote ]

My mate got a winch for a caravan but i don't know if this would be any good as i don't know how i would attach it to a conifer tree, so could you recommend a winch just incase i got to buy one.