Kent July Sponsored by Fr Jones and Son

Warwick September Sponsor to be announced

More information on the website

www.3ATC.com

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Nick, heard the show earlier, good work! Is it acceptable to climb srt with a ropewrench for the comps? I found this on the 3ATC website, just wanted a little clarification as to whether my system was allowed;

2.2.30 Contestants may work from a static ascending line provided that a separate, approved

overhead climbing system is anchored to the static ascending line. Fall-protection anchoring

systems must include an approved stopper knot or hitch on the static line below the anchoring

system. Techniques for working from a static line with an anchoring system attached to the

static line must be demonstrated prior to use and during gear inspection, and must have prior

approval of the Head Judge & Safety Officer .

Cheers

CE why? Loler tested yes, also poison Ivy is CE?

CE confirms a product meets industry requirements climbing line is category three PPE and as such is independantly assessed annually that it continues to meet this standard.

No Rupe sorry but Poison Ivy is not CE rated. Yale changed the core construction of the rope (a new rope) to produce Poison Hyve which has a yellow tracer and has now passed CE approved. This rope CE rope is also re branded as Blue Tongue in the UK.

Nick, are hand splices ok provided they have a current loler?

Hi Peter

Hand splices will need ot be declaired to the judges who will decide if they meet an appropriate standard in line with best practice guidelines which say they should be produced by a competent person. How do you decide who is competent if its not been properly tested? Please let me know.

Hi Nick, heard the show earlier, good work! Is it acceptable to climb srt with a ropewrench for the comps? I found this on the 3ATC website, just wanted a little clarification as to whether my system was allowed;

2.2.30 Contestants may work from a static ascending line provided that a separate, approved

overhead climbing system is anchored to the static ascending line. Fall-protection anchoring

systems must include an approved stopper knot or hitch on the static line below the anchoring

system. Techniques for working from a static line with an anchoring system attached to the

static line must be demonstrated prior to use and during gear inspection, and must have prior

approval of the Head Judge & Safety Officer .

Cheers

Difficult one SRT is still in its infancy and has yet to be seen as acceptable within the wider industry. I am interested to see if we can have some climbers working on it this year but will have to discuss the whole matter with the Arb Association and our pannel of Judges and safety officers as well as the insurers. So not just down to me I am afraid, but thanks for the thumbs up on the radio interview.