Fuel Strike

Treemon

The national minimum wage is £6.08 ph for workers age 21 & over.

There does not seem to be any threshold for benefits

David Cameron attempted to limit it to 26K per anum, but got rejected.

26K is £13.33 for a 37.5 hr week 52 weeks a year

& this assumes no revenue take.

Cant see the point of working if the benefits pay that much.

(dont get me wrong, Im not a sponge, worked all my life but the maths dont make sense any more)

N

When you see those figures it really makes you wonder whose got it right ??

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are people gonna wake up!! Striking will not change a thing, fuel will never be a pound a litre, which ever party are in power they will not change a thing. We should stand up to the bolshis and immigrant trouble makers and say enough is enough now get out.

Immigration is often over hyped though. Half the time they are far more motivated and put in the long hours doing rubbish jobs that our born and bred citizens don't want to.

Fair enough we need to work our way out of it but I don't want to live through my 20's working my butt off earning less than someone on benefits purly on the assumption that it will pick up as I get older ... There is an entrance and an exit, immigration works both ways :thumbup:

People need to realised we are going to have to work like dogs to get out of this crisis, paying more in taxes is the only way until manufacturing get back up off it's knees creating more private sector jobs

People need to stop bloody whining about it and accept it

Paying more in taxes is exactly what the government wants you to do and in turn this will do nothing for manufacturing. The Private sector can only create jobs by being taxed less so more Capital can be reinvested into the economy by hiring more and creating more and selling more. The government should provide basic services and provide for the national defense. Anything else the government involves it's self with is a complete waste of your taxes.

easy-lift guy

Paying more in taxes is exactly what the government wants you to do and in turn this will do nothing for manufacturing. The Private sector can only create jobs by being taxed less so more Capital can be reinvested into the economy by hiring more and creating more and selling more. The government should provide basic services and provide for the national defense. Anything else the government involves it's self with is a complete waste of your taxes.

easy-lift guy

I agree with you 100%.

We need less state and people standing on there own two feet.

Unfortunately I fear we are too far down the "nanny state" road for that now.

People think they are owed a living and will sit on their back sides rather than getting out and making their own way in the world.

I agree with you 100%.

We need less state and people standing on there own two feet.

Unfortunately I fear we are too far down the "nanny state" road for that now.

People think they are owed a living and will sit on their back sides rather than getting out and making their own way in the world.

I believe your country has Two choices for the future from an economic stand point. Start to slowly reduce the dependencies of the population while at the same time reduce the tax burden upon business as well as the tax paying public. This will stimulate the private sector to start reinvesting back into their businesses and spur new hiring. The new hiring will encourage new spending which even at a lower tax rate will bring in more funds for the government to.

work with, not to waste but to spend according to a budget. Any surpluses

should be carried over to the next fiscal year and only used in the event of a

National emergency or time of war. The regressive VAT for the UK should be

phased out over time completely to further expand and help with the growth of

the economy as a whole. That is the first choice, the Second choice is more of

what your government has provided at a very high cost to every citizen.

With an ever increasing debt to revenue ratio due to a never decreasing social welfare system, future generations will be cursed with more of the same with far less in return.:thumbdown: No, I am not an economist but I do wish the best for my fellow members and their own personnel economy and future success in all endeavors :thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

I really am ashamed to be British, at the moment England is full of lard arsed, lazy, whining layabouts that think they deserve all the best in life without putting in the effort.

A job I worked on recently was for husband and wife teachers, she was a lard arse and was complaining how stressed and over worked she was.

I spent three days there knocking my pan in, trying my hardest not to damage a single flower or dent her pristine lawn at her half million pound country home. She told me she was going on holiday and was finding it hard getting ready.

She was there there the whole three days and never made a cup of tea for us. She went on holiday the day after we finished And is not back yet, that was nearly five weeks ago

I have had around two weeks off in twelve months and still answered calls whilst off. I probably earn less than a quarter of what they earn and do twice as many hours.

I took down a small red oak for her, she asked me to chop it into firewood, I explained that would be a shame and offered to mill it free of charge into a beautiful garden bench so it wasn't,t wasted.

I can bet a pound to a penny that she doesn't even ring me to thank me

The majority of British are fat, lazy good for nothing's who think everything should be handed to them on a plate and most of them are over paid public sector workers.

There are public sector workers that are genuinely hard working grafters that are paid less than they deserve, but they are the ones that actually get dirt under their finger nails. I,ve worked with the council boys on the tree team and they are proper grafters and pound for pound are work ten times more than the example above

Phew..... I feel much better now I have got that off my chest :lol:

Everyone should go self employed?

Backing strikes?

Something about this is reminding of maggie thatcher and the coal miners? I know I'm not old enough to be around when this happend but if I remember they striked and got nothing from it. Just lost there jobs anyway.

If everyone went self employed there would be no tax paid anyway if everyone got a good accountant.

This country only rewards the lazy and bone idle. I used to believe in if you want it you have to go work hard for it, not any more. If I want it I would probably go dole office and get it. If I wasnt a grafter and enjoy coming home feeling tired and my legs ached, I know I have put in a good day.

Something about this is reminding of maggie thatcher and the coal miners? I know I'm not old enough to be around when this happend but if I remember they striked and got nothing from it. Just lost there jobs anyway.

..and most of the ones who didn't strike lost their jobs as well.

I would like to know the current wages of the fuel drivers as the ones we use for Agricultural diersel seem to be doing OK!!

Strikes harm the UK and I think are a waste of time from the unions.

Some people are never happy no matter how much is earned and should learn to be careful with funds.