Big scary dismantling job

gibbon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your groundy is worth his wieght dude, I an see why you went away and re jigged that! sweetly done.

If I had to pick one nit, it would be that this is a lot of wood impacting on rootplates of retained trees. What we have done in the past is dump a 7.5 tonners worth of chip into a drop zone to take the brunt out of these drops.

just something that in this scenario would have been a consideration for me, otherwise, top draw, knarly tree dude!

Your groundy is worth his wieght dude, I an see why you went away and re jigged that! sweetly done.

If I had to pick one nit, it would be that this is a lot of wood impacting on rootplates of retained trees. What we have done in the past is dump a 7.5 tonners worth of chip into a drop zone to take the brunt out of these drops.

just something that in this scenario would have been a consideration for me, otherwise, top draw, knarly tree dude!

Your right tony. I couldn't.have used woodchip in the garden and access.was no good for.a.lorry. I had been booked to work on the estate that week but only knew it was this tree the week before. I didn't have a plan as to exactly how.I.would take it.down untill I was up.there. I did think I.might be dropping lumps and had intended to get an old tractor tyre before hand but didn't have time.

I.was.aware of the ground.damage but I.was putting myself before the other trees this.time. good point and worth making, Im going to try to.scrounge some big old tyres for the next time we have a similar situation. When are we going to see a hama vid?

That's what I love about the video Reg, I am a very impatient person.

I even fast forwarded the middle 2 minutes of this 1 lol :)

yet you've made twenty three thousand individual posts:001_smile:

Your right tony. I couldn't.have used woodchip in the garden and access.was no good for.a.lorry. I had been booked to work on the estate that week but only knew it was this tree the week before. I didn't have a plan as to exactly how.I.would take it.down untill I was up.there. I did think I.might be dropping lumps and had intended to get an old tractor tyre before hand but didn't have time.

I.was.aware of the ground.damage but I.was putting myself before the other trees this.time. good point and worth making, Im going to try to.scrounge some big old tyres for the next time we have a similar situation. When are we going to see a hama vid?

glad you didnt take that comment the wrong way, I did understand the situation, just wantesd to as you say make the point.:thumbup:

Ive been giving this some thought! dont like the jerky footage of the head cams though! does need to be done though, Im sure i can get it sorted soon!

need to look into the cams first:thumbup1: