Awesome little forwarder.

Buzz

If I had to utilise a small forwarder...

I would buy a 4 or 5 tonne Yanmar tracked dumper, fit a small crane / grapple and some timber bunks.

All up cost of less than £7K, unbelievably terrain ability, awsomely manouverable and very reliable.

I am a new member of this forum, I'm interested in small scale extraction equipment and it seems to be a regular discussion point, have you considered putting something like what you describe above together. It sounds like a very capable set up and I'm sure you would attract plenty of interest if you set up a demo and/or posted video's of it working

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the first time we used one, the skidsteer is a little slow in the vid, as I got off to film. Some of the old members here have seen some of the extreme pics of us using this, they will go ANYWHERE without leaving a mark. we even built a bridge for it to cross a river with just lengths of willow.

[ame]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-397688928513248053&ei=ZO4ySeebCqbGiALbqpHiDQ&q=tight+and+wet[/ame]

hi all seen this little machine working in scotland in small woodlands in and around towns works well but boy its not worth its money, the 3rd image you see is from schmallenberg west germany KWF forestry show and on that alstor is the man who made it, hade a very interesting talk with him it all started with him making one for himself in his garage it is a simple build they use old volvo gear boxes not a complicated design so i dont know how it cost so much. i like vimek better its better made cost a lot but you are getting you moneys worth, one of my friends has the small 620 minimaster vimek in scotland and is doing it up good little machine for small scale thinning and work that has to be done without smashing up the site things like working on SSSI that sort of work.

36846328a8381865435o.jpg.6350f71d1df09cf640e5cc95d7ad0773.jpg

36846328a4806739089o.jpg.2f06de298d645d32ff33043715d4283e.jpg

36846328a4806680332o.jpg.20e738944282258834cb1dc6a2c39223.jpg

• 3 years later...

The Alstor is used in Sweden and Norway with various different bodies in powerline work and to them the price reasonable.

Several years ago we considered one and I wanted to know lifespan hours of hard use but could not find the details from the firm and it has a PETROL engine which uses much fuel. Worth a purchase with good grant funding otherwise very expensive and several alternatives around.