Robbing

Tree-Fela

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob arb they wasnt mine thay was the person i was working with his saws i had the 170 thats it. An i have been speaking with him to sort out some gear for me hes guna look see what is there. Well the hitchclimber was nicked also.

They was taken out of the van they bent the drivers side door and also where the compartments are on the back of the tipper 2 of them was bent so am guessing thats the way it was nicked. There was people in the area acting as scrap merchants but looked like gypos but then by the time you find out they will be on the way out of the country. I guess its a hard lesson to learn just take more steps to ensure all kit is safe and secure. Just gutted really dont know what am gunna do without any kit for a couple of days thats all.

Guess il have to swallow this painful pill and move on.

Any equipment going let me know as am gunna need some.

That's bad. We have them snooping around quite a bit when we're working and always keep an eye out and make our presence know by making it clear we've clocked 'em. It's almost worth taking on an apprentice at £2.50/hour to just sit and watch the truck!

Who where you working for in southport? I know a few guys round there who may be able to keep their ears to the ground.

Also, you said you were doing your level 3 arb at college, are you still there? Which college? Myerscough croxteth I presume? Can they not help with gear as a short term lend

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

The person isnt from southport we was asked to do a job up there. We was working just off shakespeare street. An yeh i am still there 4 months left then i have completed my level 3 diploma.Yep its the croxteth one and they wouldnt lend you even if you payed them too. As of equipment got something sorted for now, a friends going to lend me a full harness, 2 saws and a lid for the time being as he doesnt need them but all money i earn now am gunna put it to one side and save up to at least get meself a new climbing kit.

I know shakespeare st, it's quite busy, both pedestrians and cars, and very few trees if any, how did they manage to bend the doors back in broad daylight?

Who's your tutor at myerscough? I've worked there in the past and they would've bent over backwards for anyone when I was there

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

Thats what were wondering because they only had like 10-20 min gaps at a time so where guessing they was watching us for abit and then just thought wed have a go. It was very busy and it wasnt a massive tree just a small about a 35ft sycamore if that and i know a gardener who said could we take it out for him sort of subcontracting.

Them days are long gone they dont help no one now. They arent really arsed no more, as long as you pass your assignments by the bare minimum work thats it and chainsaw certifications are passed without fail 99% of the time.

Theres talk of funding being stopped for the chainsaw certifications also so i dont know whats going to happen when i leave but i think were leaving at the right time.