One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

For the record, I use aspen for any and all two-stroke engines I use. I find it silly expensive, annoyingly packed (I want 25l cans dagnammit!) and hard to get hold off (nearest dealer is 40 minutes drive away).

I put up with all of that for the benefits I notice, smell/effects of the smoke, store ability and consistency of formula (although that did go a bit wrong when I was in NL, I had a batch with double dye in, staining everything)

All pros and cons weighed up I find it an easy choice.

But....

Why oh why does a new Aspen rep turn up to make unsubstantiated claims and give false hope about the dealer network?

'if they can’t sell for less why is alkylate price comparable to petrol in other countries.'

(Quote)

Husqvarna sell genuine Aspen in europe. their 5litre cans seem to be retailing at 22 euros in France

Stihls motomix appears to at 22 euros in germany

And our Aspen is 21 euros here. (quote from Gardenkit).

Mypost,(203), It would seem Sweden got a tax break from the ec in 2002 for Aspen type fuel,that could well be why they are cheeper.

Its the tax break we need Geoff.

AAoil still make their money.

I still make my money.

The user saves some money.

The government lose.:lol:

Which tax break? Import tax, fuel duty or VAT? Personally I'd be happy with the fuel duty first!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi all, in my travels I am hearing a lot about the Stihl MS200/201. This saw as we all know has carb problems. Most of these are caused by the Pump piston aka accelerator pump.

Some dealers don't know it's there!!

It has a small o ring which can fail and also the piston wears the bore it runs in and it self. If Aspen is used after the saw has run for a long time on pump petrol we recomend the o ring get changed as well as the diaphgrams.

If the pump piston and/or bore is worn then you will get poor running no matter has fuel you use.

Hope this helps.

Hi all Please understand I am new to the arb forum and posting replies etc.

As regarding my "wild clams" I feel Gardenkit have covered it.

I base all the information I give out on real reports from end users about long life of saws and the facts than less carbon build up and no ethanol or solvents mean less wear for all conponents.

I have had 20 years working on all types of 2 and 4stroke garden machinery so i have seen the issues I have talked about.

Somtimes typing replies is not the best way to explain things if anyone would like to know more please call me for chat on 0758108953 8.30am 5.30pm

Ok Eddie, I take it you're fresh to the Aspen team? Welcome to our happy little gathering here. I think this product has a major flaw. It's not readily available over the counter in many areas. It's too expensive. The empty cans mount up, until I can make a specific trip to the tip to dispose of them. Since my earliest postings on this product, I have bought and tried it. £17 for 5 litres is ridiculously dear, moan about pump fuel going up, but this is dearer still. I have to travel quite some distance specifically to buy it, to an outlet I otherwise would not visit, as it's not on my regular circuit, more expense in time and fuel to get fuel. I washed out the empties and put them in my recycle bin, as it has the symbol for recycling on the can, my collectors removed them and put them back with a note that in future they would not empty the bin if they were in there, not too clever. That means a specific trip to the HWRC to dispose, more time and fuel. Hardly the greenest commodity any more IMO.

Plus side, it does smell nice, if you like that smell, and it's claimed it is better for your health, but I'm always a little cynical about that kind of claim. Better for kit? Maybe it is, hard for me to see that though. So, will I go out of my way to buy Aspen fuel again, simply no...it's simply not a viable alternative for me over pump fuel. :001_smile: