Hi all great news!

We have just sent our first order to inverurie garden centre,

Kellockbank Country Emporium

Culsalmond

Insch

Aberdeenshire

AB52 6TG

01464 851114

They have ordered Aspen2 and 4 in 5 litre cans and should have stock by the weekend.

Hi Eddie my stihl 4 cycle 2 stroke hedge cutter has been in my local dealers for a service as it was running rougher than normal:sneaky2: and on stripping it down they found that the internals of the engine and carb had a sticky residue, it was cleared and the engine run up but the mechanic still was'nt happy so stripped it back down to find the residue had returned, now the cutter has only been used with aspen, any thoughts on what and why this is happening please.

Hi all great news!

We have just sent our first order to inverurie garden centre,

Kellockbank Country Emporium

Culsalmond

Insch

Aberdeenshire

AB52 6TG

01464 851114

They have ordered Aspen2 and 4 in 5 litre cans and should have stock by the weekend.

That's good news as its only 10 mins away from the house so I can try it at last in the hedge cutter:thumbup1: glad the tip off payed off

Nice one Eddie,just a thought,but would it help at your end if we were to pm you contact details of hort machine dealers that we use regularly in our different areas?

Great idea,

Also keep asking dealers for aspen if they know there is demand there is more chance of they stocking it.

Please keep me informed with all aspen feedback

Hi Eddie my stihl 4 cycle 2 stroke hedge cutter has been in my local dealers for a service as it was running rougher than normal:sneaky2: and on stripping it down they found that the internals of the engine and carb had a sticky residue, it was cleared and the engine run up but the mechanic still was'nt happy so stripped it back down to find the residue had returned, now the cutter has only been used with aspen, any thoughts on what and why this is happening please.

I have not had this with just Aspen i will ask the men from Sweden when I see them on wednesday. Just some quick questions.

Are you using aspen2 or aspen4 with your own oil?

What colour is this sticky residue?

How old is the machine?

Do you use aspen in 5 litre cans and pour from can to fuel tank or use another type fuel can?

I sould have something for you on friday.

This is very interesting and more than a little concerning. I would love to have seen that machine myself.

I know that you have used Aspen for a while now Pat, have you had any trouble before, or in any other machines?

Normally when a technician sees a residue of any description in a fuel system he will clean the whole fuel system out and refill with fresh fuel, so when your guy cleaned it the first time, what did he refill it with?

Did the second clean fix it, or were there any other faults. In other words was the stickiness the problem, or was it only noticed during a repair?

I probably have more experience of Aspen than any other member of this forum and have never seen anything in the way of residue from it. In fact I have a test machine that has had Aspen in for 18 months and no sign of any residue.

Sorry to ask so many questions, but I would really like to understand this.