One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

Garden kit you cannot be serious about those spark plus? the one on the left ( running on pump fuel ) is running as rich as hell, i would sugest you either clean the ar filter, or lean the mixture some what, not a good comparison!!

But have you ever seen a used plug as clean as the one the right when used on petrol?

Fair enough comment on the other, it was just a picture I had to hand. I will take some better ones.

There is absolutely no doubt that engines run much, much cleaner on Aspen as anyone who works on Aspen fuelled engines will testify.

Just need to sort out your team's emissions now, Tim. :001_smile:

Well the problem has been solved Felix, short term leastways, one is having a little holiday in norwich, courtesey of her majesty,due to letting his temper get the better of him one night, and another cut the end of his finger off with a stanley while laying his kitchen carpet saturday morning.

Short handed yes,but breathable air in my truck now. :)

I had a two year old Tanaka LR hedge trimmer in today for its first 2year warranty service. It is owned by a local large house who employ a full time, live in, gardener/handyman.

It gets a fair bit of use, not as much as a Pro user, but more than the average domestic owner. The blades were certainly in need of sharpen, so its seen a bit of use.

Its been on Aspen from new. See how clean this stuff burns. (I did not need to take the exhaust off, but was keen to have a look)

And, no, the piston is not scored, its just very shiny and reflected the light!

P1020048.jpg.02ed8422c0d2d16c52bca82102af801d.jpg

P1020050.jpg.685a316afcde57d40902e094176a2a81.jpg

P1020052.jpg.24c0d31982321c67cfa2354e5d684ead.jpg

P1020046.jpg.7bc3e08d94815ff40d8a3f09ea7d7fd1.jpg

P1020047.jpg.85391b62c3e97107a4ce7cdd433a7743.jpg

Yes, the benefits are truly tremendous.

The lack of carbon build up means that the flow of exhaust gases are not impeded by either a restriction in the exhaust, or by frictional losses across the internal surfaces of the upper cylinder.

Piston rings do not 'gum' up, so they keep doing their job properly, maintaining compression.

Cooling is not reduced by the insulation effect of the carbon.

Wear is considerably reduced from the absence of abrasive deposits.

The absence of deposits keeps the oil clean on 4 stroke engines, reducing wear.

Engine life is massively extended.

Win, win situation.

It does sound very good and makes total sense. I'm tempted to use it in my new saw but it's just taking the plunge on the price. 98% of my work is as a subby and I use the people I work for fuel, which on big jobs can be 5 litres. As they don't use aspen it means I'd have to provide my own, so that'd mean £18 less a day.

Could I use aspen and then if I change my mind start using petrol without any trouble?