Complete Sawmilling service Scotland and Northern England

Big J

I thought that it was about time that I advertised my sawmilling services on here :biggrin:

At Robinson Sawmilling, we can offer a complete sawmilling service tackling just about any log you can find. We use a combination of an LT40 fully hydraulic woodmizer (lots of useful options on it, including full computer set works and debarker) and a capacious chainsaw mill, sporting a 50 inch bar allowing for a 43 inch cut.

The upshot of this is that we can easily tackle any log up to 4ft diameter (load handling equipment such as a forklift is required) by halving it with the chainsaw mill (much quicker and neater than free hand cutting) and popping it on the woodmizer. Alternatively, we can just mill it fully with the chainsaw mill and whilst it is much slower and more wasteful with kerf, it will produce huge boards!

We can travel to your site, anywhere in Scotland or Northern England (mileage charges apply beyond 15 miles), mill your timber, offer advice on drying or help with other sawmilling applications. The woodmizer is new to us, and an introductory rate applies as I get up to speed. However, I do have 55 tonnes of timber at my own yard to munch through before I'm happy to let myself loose on the world.

As a business, we have been established 3 years, milled hundreds of tonnes of timber starting with a chainsaw mill and built ourselves up. This gradual progression means that nothing has been rushed and a sound knowledge of sawmilling and drying has been achieved.

Rates for mobile milling are as follows:

Woodmizer and operator day rate: £350 plus VAT (£280 for month of April)

Mileage charge: £0.50 plus VAT a mile both ways beyond 15 miles

Sharpening costs are covered in the day rate, but damage to bands is chargable at £20 plus VAT per band.

Additional chainsaw milling is best done with the assistance of a second operator which is an additional £100 plus VAT, however productivity does increase with a second pair of hands.

We can also mill your timber at our yard, which is just west of Edinburgh. The advantages are that we have space, a forklift and all kit on site. Productivity will be higher. We can air dry your timber on site and even kiln it as required. Please contact me for rates.

My contact details are 07832 106156 or [email protected]. Our website is in chronic need of an update, but is Untitled Document

Some pictures from the yard and chainsaw milling off site:

2012-03-18_12-17-33_773.jpg

2012-03-18_14-19-09_684.jpg

2012-03-18_14-19-44_873.jpg

nice mate,,didnt think you where too keen on woodmizers though?

I'm not really! It's lack of a reasonable alternative. It seems to be cutting well though, and I think that it's better to have a realistic idea of their limitations, rather than try to claim they are the bees knees!

Thanks for the encouragement guys :biggrin: