Noob Needs A Chainsaw.

MartinF

Yes,the 2t is for 2 strokes,& 4t for the four strokes.

The little saws will do your job,but if you spend a bit more you will not regret in in the long run,in my opinion.:001_smile:

just a tiny note, it's not 2T and 4T, your confusing it with 2 stroke oil called that by some makes.

And a Husky 254 would run the bars your talking about and last many years. I find they cut faster than Stihl saws but I know Stihl users will make comments and very happy with their favourite saws:001_tt2:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a tiny note, it's not 2T and 4T, your confusing it with 2 stroke oil called that by some makes.

And a Husky 254 would run the bars your talking about and last many years. I find they cut faster than Stihl saws but I know Stihl users will make comments and very happy with their favourite saws:001_tt2:

2T is an abbreviation for 2Takt, which is German for 2 stroke.

4T is an abbreviation for 4Takt, which is German for 4 stroke.

It's as simple as that.

if thats the 345 that was on his floor the moring that was a tidy saw

No, that was the 254 that I think another member may have, the 345 was the one on my "personal" saw shelf, decided to let it go and put my 346XP in its place.

I love that 345, it has 170psi and absolutely flies:thumbup:

No, that was the 254 that I think another member may have, the 345 was the one on my "personal" saw shelf, decided to let it go and put my 346XP in its place.

I love that 345, it has 170psi and absolutely flies:thumbup:

Pm me a price on it spud,if you want to sell the 345.:001_smile:

Inspite of what Agg221 said :blushing:, curiosity has got the better of me.

I've been looking at the Makita link and some of the saws sound very impressive with good prices too, like this....

Makita DCS500-45P 50cc 2-stroke Chainsaw (Replaces £303.35

What's the score with Makita saws?

Are they any good?

They seem to be very powerful for the money.

Why don't many people buy them?

They are good, very good for the money. Makita tools in general tend to be higher end. I have a Makita 4-stroke brushcutter as it happens, which I find to be very good.

Makita chainsaws are less commonly used as they're less well established and people are conservative so go for Husky or Stihl because they have an excellent reputation, although it remains to be seen whether this is still currently deserved in all cases. This means there are fewer Makitas around, so it's harder to establish how reliable they are, and how they stand up to regular hard work - i.e. meet the expectations of the professional user. There have been a few comments about them on here which I think have mostly been positive - try searching under the term Makita.

Alec

Edited by agg221