what do u think of this

sanny

I looked at a massive roadside Ash which was growing out of a Holly hedge yesterday and the only way, without cutting a big hole in the Holly, is to lean ladders over the holly onto the Ash stem to access.

I would just throw my rope over a branch and up you go, I have NEVER used ladders other than stepladder for hedges.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just throw my rope over a branch and up you go, I have NEVER used ladders other than stepladder for hedges.

These hollys are 3-ft wide mate, with the road being at one side, even using the bigshot you couldn't do it unless you wanted to swing into the hollies for a face rash.

You could always use your hydraulic ladder, you know, that one attached to your timber trailer :sneaky2:, that's why you don't need a ladder :001_cool:

I have NEVER used ladders other than stepladder for hedges.

Why the hate of ladders?

I find they make life easier.

Did a syc today that was so full of climber/vine S**t it would have been a major struggle to throw a line or a well dodgy bit of free climbing.

20ft ladder to the rescue :001_smile:

• 4 weeks later...

the guys dangerous in my opinion, remember that job in gatehouse sanny when i was on my first week work experience.

pole saw masicre and left most of the dead wood in the tree hanging about.

all it takes is an almighty gust of wind n theres potentialy someone hurt

the guys dangerous in my opinion, remember that job in gatehouse sanny when i was on my first week work experience.

pole saw masicre and left most of the dead wood in the tree hanging about.

all it takes is an almighty gust of wind n theres potentialy someone hurt

aye do that my friend but at least we got to sort it out before there was potential for damage

Shocking cuts. Looks like idiot + blunt pole saw.

Ladders - Great for access in right situation. Don't work off them if possible (stropped on or hedges). 20 ft head start up every tree you climb / every time you ever come down = longer climbing career.

I wouldn't use them at all till I got older and wiser.