How would you deal with this? A dilema

Scottie

Over the past 4/5 years I have watched an Evergreen oak go into to decline. Every time I have passed the tree it looks worse. On thursday when I saw it again there were no leaves on it whatsoever. It is a big tree, at least 20-25 meters tall and it is situated right next to a road that can be extremly busy at times, with holiday traffic as well as peak time traffic. For those who might know where it is, it is on the Malton-Pickering road in North Yorkshire, on the right hand side as you are heading to Pickering from Malton.

You know it is in decline and looks dead and there are a number of targets, so what would you do? Would you find out who owns the tree and get in contact with them and ask if they are aware of the dangers or possible insurance claims? Contact the council or what?

So there you go.

I realise that it being an oak tree, the branches when they are dead can stay up for a long time. How ever when the branches do finally start to drop there is a very high probability that there is going to be an accident and possibly death cause by it. On the opposite side of the road to the tree there are buildings as well.

In the car park area of a local wedding venue there is a Very large mature Beech.

It was in decline, merip present all around base 3 years ago - I wrote a letter noting the tree and the potential future problems.

I was brushed off by the manager saying that if there was a problem then their "industrial gardening team" would see to it.

Its still there and now very dead.

Now I just tend to leave them, doing anything else has never done me any good.

If I knock the door I feel wrong, I advertise so let somebody else tell them its dangerous and maybe they will give me a call.

Most trees can be dead for a few years before becoming dangerous, I would just leave it and see what happens personally, if nothings been done in 12 months time I'd maybe think about finding out who it belongs to.

Sound advice:thumbup1: