Another reason why I will ALWAYS buy an iPhone.

Old Mill Tree Care

"The thing is with iphones is that they just work." :lol:

iPhone 3GS, had it since it came out, but it suffers from locking up during phone calls (I reckon one of the software upgrades did it in). It then takes a few minutes to sort itself out before I can continue the call. I've tried all sorts of solutions, but none of them work.

The bottom line is that I cannot trust it to make calls to/from customers. Once I get started properly later this year its a rugged cheapo for me. We all know on this forum what it is to have faith in our tools, and I now have no faith in this.

Shame really, as I use many of its other features extensively.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take it to an Apple store and have it sorted, they,ll probably do it for free.

Daughter went twice and they just handed her a new phone each time

Apple support is second to none and its reflected in the price. People seem to forget this when they whinge about their products being overpriced.....if they shipped out cheap phones then offered crap support the same people would still be whinging :biggrin:

Apple support is second to none and its reflected in the price. People seem to forget this when they whinge about their products being overpriced.....if they shipped out cheap phones then offered crap support the same people would still be whinging :biggrin:

Very true mate, moaners will ALWAYS find something to moan about, no matter what it is.

I smashed my old 3GS screen in work about a year ago, took it to apple to get it fixed, which I was expecting to pay for, I was honest with how it happened, said it was my fault and the chap looked at it, then just gave me a new phone, I couldn't believe it.

So as a result when upgrade time came round, I went for the 4S, to be honest I dont thnk I'll ever change from an iPhone now :thumbup::thumbup1:

The screen went on my missus's ipad 1 week before the warranty expired. It happened just after she went through airport security...so we are assuming it had something to do with it, even though they are supposed to be fine. Anyway, we went into the apple store to see if it could be repaired...they took 1 look at it and gave us a brand new one, along with a further 3 months warranty.

Further to that....when we went in the Apple store it was packed, but unlike pc world/comet etc etc, there was an abundance of staff to greet us, no waiting about whatsoever. They could have minimal staff like the aforementioned companies, leaving the customer having to fight to find assistance, but they don't...and again this has to be reflected in the price.

IMO people just like to slag them off because they are such a succesful company....its the british way unfortunately

Further to that....when we went in the Apple store it was packed, but unlike pc world/comet etc etc, there was an abundance of staff to greet us, no waiting about whatsoever. They could have minimal staff like the aforementioned companies, leaving the customer having to fight to find assistance, but they don't...and again this has to be reflected in the price.

IMO people just like to slag them off because they are such a succesful company....its the british way unfortunately

Spot on Steve, you can get what you paid for, and if not Apple would not have the Lions share of the market place.:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Child labour made this country rich over the centuries, then we criticise other countries for wishing to have our wealth. As a nation we are the biggest hypocrites, trying to tell others what is morally right or wrong, we should get our own house in order first. We all want cheap clothing, mass produced in sweat shops, but close our eyes to the conditions they work in. If we took the child labour away, bearing in mind that in many families it may only be the children earning the families income, how else would they eat? Do you really think that they would thank us for "freeing" them, only for them to starve?

Of course child labour is not right, either morally or ethically, but t is essential for their survival.

We don't know if it's essential for their survival or not. Yes, they may have become dependent on these labour camps for food, but humans are adaptive creatues and will find another way.

It's impossible to live nowadays without being a hypocrite in some way or another. I try to do my best buy haven't made an effort to question how and where the clothes on my back were made. However, small steps do count. Gotta start somewhere.

I slag them off because the battery only lasts a day, which means it isn't mobile, nor is it smart. And just think, how many days work does it take to pay for one?

Plus, they use cunning, forceful advertising to brainwash people into thinking that life cannot go on without one.

To be honest, I'm sick of hearing about them, and along with the smoking ban, they've helped to ruin having a pint with mates at the local.

This world, I tell ya!