watch out the timber fairies are about again

yes after a week of the lads winching timber out of a steep gulley, i go and replace the timberstack signs today that have been "stolen" and find most of the hardwood stacks placed ready to be collected this weekend have gone!

again the timber fairies have been at work, it angers me so much, when we pay our mens wages to work hard and extract this wood, to find most of the decent stuff nicked from under our feet!

who are these people who think timber just appears free to collect from trackside

if any one has hardwood or softwood to sell close to us, please give us a shout- and i have contacted the ebayer selling larch near stoke - he doesnt answer his phone or answermessages

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The council have been doing a lot of thinning down the A38 from Exeter to Plymouth and have stacked all the billets in nice piles, I guess for ecological value. I've since had at least 6 people comment on it and mention 'free firewood' as it's all just off A and B roads on the banks. I've been firm with them but I can see a lot of it dissapearing over the next few months.

Sign of the times I guess.

The council have been doing a lot of thinning down the A38 from Exeter to Plymouth and have stacked all the billets in nice piles, I guess for ecological value. I've since had at least 6 people comment on it and mention 'free firewood' as it's all just off A and B roads on the banks. I've been firm with them but I can see a lot of it dissapearing over the next few months.

Sign of the times I guess.

Yep. The parkway in PLY is plastered in cordwood; ends up in the windrow. What a waste.

One of our contractors had cut down and extracted about 40 ton of timber on a new stretch of trailway. It was in 8 ft lengths and the contractor had everything ready to go to have it moved today. The lot had gone between 4pm yesterday and 7am this morning. It was all going for timber and logs too.