Visor or saftey glasses

Arran Turner

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save the Oakleys for the beach. You can buy good safety shades for under a fiver

It's not how good the tree looks

Its how good you look in the tree

I always use both as I got sick of sawdust in my eyes

Found out last year I had glaucoma. Wore glasses and hated them. Went for test and found out about glaucoma.

Your eyes are the most important part of your body. Without them your are done for. No climbing, cutting, the great view from the top of a big tree. I would wear three eye protectors if they existed. Helmet face shield and glasses is a must. It should be compulsory when using a Silky or chain.

It's a hassell, but the view will always be mine...

"And if a ten ton oak,

should kill the both of us,

Well, the pleasure, the privilege,

will always be mine.."

Listening to "The Smiths" today,

while "She who must be obeyed "

looked on..:thumbup::001_tt2:

Heaven...

I wear glasses normally but the site were working on at the moment the guy whose running is making me wear a visor!!! No exceptions! Last week he wouldn't let me use a saw because I didn't have a visor so I bought the small plastic stein one! Apparently that doesn't count!! I hate visors but apparently I'm Not allowed on site tomorrow without a proper mesh visor! Grrrrr!

Any body else had this problem!!

Edited by johnski

Nope,not had that problem.

I preffer Visors,you are never without eye protection as long as you have a Helmet on.Also I have been hit in the face by a few Meteors from Chippers over the years,without a Visor I may not be as dashing and swave like I am today.

Nope,not had that problem.

I preffer Visors,you are never without eye protection as long as you have a Helmet on.Also I have been hit in the face by a few Meteors from Chippers over the years,without a Visor I may not be as dashing and swave like I am today.

yes i do wear glasses but thats down to bad sight they are terrible on rainy days but always a visor been hit in the visor by ash and stuff being spat back out in an instant and would hate to know what it could do without a visor..... possibly a missing tooth or two

I have a stein lid with the tinted visor, for the "Top gun" look, and it also allows for a mesh visor to be used at the same time.

Handy for multiple jobs, ground or tree, or dreaming that im tom cruise doing battle over the indian ocean, migs everywhere, talk to me goose....... Oh dear doing it again!

Agree with dog tag, look after your eyes, you need them! Like Mavrick did in........... Sorry off again!

:001_cool:

Bolle Silium - picked up a pair from Screwfix £8.99, and wore them all day yesterday. Sweating like a pig and no steaming up. So comfortable too that I didn't even notice I was wearing them. Also got a pair of the Bolle Trackers for grinding and chipping - again, really comfortable, and only £9.99.

Got a pair of glasses now and for climbing the mesh will stay off the helmet :001_smile: Don't think its been mentioned but another danger in tree climbing is getting poked in the eye by attached branches. My dad nearly lost his eye years ago going under a tree on a lawn mower. Having glasses on stops this but with a visor unless your cutting you won't have it down.

Defo converted to glasses now for climbing