First time free climbing

huskydavid

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time free climbing - YouTube

ooooohhhh that did not work just did it how i normally do it ?? i'll have another go!

not sure what's wrong?

anyway stay safe mate, be careful what your holding on to, see a few cringes in there holding on some deadwood?

Edited by Adam Bourne
test

First time free climbing - YouTube

ooooohhhh that did not work just did it how i normally do it ?? i'll have another go!

not sure what's wrong?

anyway stay safe mate, be careful what your holding on to, see a few cringes in there holding on some deadwood?

Yea i only went as far as i was happy with. Double checked each branch before using it. Was mainly standing on something the whole time so not swinging around.

Freeclimbing is something one should really not encourage nor promote, what we do in our own time is down to us, but there are many who will want to aspire to such things be careful what you post my friend, but know your not alone.

Yes, i understand. Its my own time and body and i wouldnt want to encourage anyone else to try it, its just something i like doing and someone shouldn't be "stupid" enough to copy someone. As the saying goes, you wouldn't jump off a bridge if someone told you to.

I'd like to clear somthing up here, - I'm an avid rock climber have been for some time, Free Climbing is climbing with a rope, pulling it with you as you go, fixing protection as you go, you are free to climb in whichever direction you like, the other end being held by a belayer. What you all talk of as free climbing is actually Soloing, as in by yourself, no back up, you fail you fall.

Thank you for yer time on this matter :thumbup: