Online, own pace, theory education advise?

josharb87

Been thinking about actually getting some sort of Arb qualification, but not sure what, so gratefull for advise!

Obviously my location is a bit of a problem, i cant attend any weekly classes, but could attend something once a month in the UK.

Is there any online courses i can do at my own pace?

I dont really know, but i like the sound of ISA or AA, ISA Preffered as its more internationaly recognised

:001_smile:

I got the ISA theory CD and study guide. It's good. You just read through the book and do the tests at the end of the chapters. The CD you just play in the truck or for a little while at home.

You then have to do the test which is normally at the celebration of trees at Capel manor each year. No input from others so you don't have to fly back to the UK all the time.

Thats a great link and idea Monkeyd :biggrin: definatly something to work towards for a longterm future. might see if i can ask for a copy of the syalibus to see how indepth it is (im guessing very)

Been asking on the Swedish Arborist sites and it the Euro tree worker exam is comming up in april which can be exchenged into an ISA cert arb, which might be a good start

I would recommend doing the ISA cert arb its all in the book you can buy you can go to some online testing stations that are world wide to do the test and it isnt all that difficult and if you go to north America it is a well recognized qualification

Josh, do the isa for starters, buy the study guide read it from cover to cover, y ou will also get a list of trees for the ID section buy a couple of ID books and jobs a good un. You will know a lot more than you think you do and I reckon you would walk an isa cert arb.

Good luck :thumbup1: