tipping cost

simonm

Im looking for chip if anyone has any your welcome to tip some at our's if your in the area I dont fancy hiring a chipper in after ours was stolen before xmas and im not wasting my money so people can just come along and take what doesnt belong to them,I need chip for our kids park and my chooks I did post a thread a while back but nobody came forward NP18 area

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing. DO NOT PAY TO TIP CHIP!!!

There are plenty of people who will have it; anyone charging to take it is a 24 carat **** in my opinion.

We sell (yes sell) 5m2 of conny chip to a dogs home when in the area...

why would we not charge....???? a transit load of wood chip comes to around £6 when sold to stobarts... trucks have to drive down a private road past 5 nosey neighbours, through farm yard then up back to chip pile.... why would we let someone do that for nothing... if someones doing tree work and has a load wood chip and cant afford £30 to tip it then they shouldn't be doing the job... it costs me £105+vat to tip a 6yard skip at transfer station which would be same size as a high sided transit... what we are doing is illegal at the end of the day.... the only woodchip you are allowed to store is that that is chipped from your own trees on your own land or to store for compost to put on the land [which is a waste of time]... you cannot tip woodchip then resell it unless you have a waste transfer station..... if i could tip all my woodchip somewhere local for free i would as 6-£8 a ton for biomass is not worth the hassle of storing and loading...

why would we not charge....???? a transit load of wood chip comes to around £6 when sold to stobarts... trucks have to drive down a private road past 5 nosey neighbours, through farm yard then up back to chip pile.... why would we let someone do that for nothing... if someones doing tree work and has a load wood chip and cant afford £30 to tip it then they shouldn't be doing the job... it costs me £105+vat to tip a 6yard skip at transfer station which would be same size as a high sided transit... what we are doing is illegal at the end of the day.... the only woodchip you are allowed to store is that that is chipped from your own trees on your own land or to store for compost to put on the land [which is a waste of time]... you cannot tip woodchip then resell it unless you have a waste transfer station..... if i could tip all my woodchip somewhere local for free i would as 6-£8 a ton for biomass is not worth the hassle of storing and loading...

I'm sure you've checked that

We had an exemption ticket (free)for I seem to remember 100 tonnes of chip.

Not sure how legal it is to allow others to use that facility.

I'm inclinded to agree in that you would need a waste transfer station licence= maga bucks

Whether its right or wrong but the EA sure make it hard to conduct this sort of operation

If it costs you to deal with it don't take it. There are so many people who love it or prepared to pay for it; there are chip sites everywhere I find. £30 a load to tip chip; can you imagine that - lets say on average a load a day so that's £150 a week; that soon mounts up. There have been times where we shifted 10 loads a day for 2 weeks - holy moly that would be mental :lol: £3 grand oh my word!