hitch climber o rig system

the verminator

I have a long, four inch, eye splice on one of my ropes and the eye then bends nicely around the ring/krab on the bridge and th erest of the splice is kept away and is therefore not bending.

Bending the spliced section wont weaken it, but it just doesnt sit right.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8bc597d7.jpg.0fba260fc84683fb018394cc146b66f9.jpg

I was messing around with this system the other day replacing the small sling with a Kong Duck.

Initially I was concered it might interfere with my hitch. Whilst it didnt effect it I still moved it out to the middle hole on the Hitchclimber distancing it from the hitch that little bit extra.

Didnt suffer any adverse effects from it and in the small time spent playing around with it worked well.

That looks nice but it makes the system a bit gear intensive again and £40 for a duck and another £10 - £15 for the additional crab is gonna hurt the pocket anyone would think you ran a shop of something :wink: just kidding mate but sometimes simple is good. :thumbup:

Like Rupes said a simple bit of accessory cord will work fine I kept losing mine and got fed up making a new one from starter cord so thought the cut away would do the bizz although I will probably lose that as well. :blushing:

Edited by Steve Bullman
language

The duck and rope man both work well there but if you accidentally grab the wrong leg of rope you can advance the hitch a long long way in front of you. This can be pretty sketchy especially if the hitch decides to jot grab...

Managed to get out an have a play with the o-rig system today! Have to say i didnt get up high only small 30ft pine in my garden but enough to get the gist of it! after a bit of playing around an a bit of experimenting with different pulleys and friction hitches etc i have to say i really liked it! Gonna go for a recy climb friday with a pal an see how i get on! feels good on first attempt tho!!!