Pagans on arbtalk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, hence the "root" of all religions being the tree of life and or of knowledge ...

... which is not a tree, but the Sacred Mushroom, the Fly Agaric (Soma), an ectomycorrhixal symbiont associated with birch - the tree of happiness and bliss - and with spruce, the tree of Anna, the "mother" of mushroom Mary and grandmother of Jesus the Fly Agaric, the "fruit' from Mary's "womb" or "lap".

According to anthropologists John Monaghan and Peter Just,

Many of the great world religions appear to have begun as revitalization movements of some sort, as the vision of a charismatic prophet fires the imaginations of people seeking a more comprehensive answer to their problems than they feel is provided by everyday beliefs. Charismatic individuals have emerged at many times and places in the world. It seems that the key to long-term success – and many movements come and go with little long-term effect – has relatively little to do with the prophets, who appear with surprising regularity, but more to do with the development of a group of supporters who are able to institutionalize the movement.

Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.[1] Many religions have narratives, symbols, traditions and sacred histories that are intended to give meaning to life or to explain the origin of life or the universe. They tend to derive morality, ethics, religious laws or a preferred lifestyle from their ideas about the cosmos and human nature.

The need for me personally to console that innate spirituality and emotional state that defines us as human, "humanity" and natural empathy means that to ignore it is to ignore myself, so I do not ignore it, I embrace that inner need to explain not our origins or purpose or the power of it all, but to understand the spirituality we ALL have deep in our concious.

I get my spiritual connections from nature, and thats to be expected, its natural! we are born of the earth created from molecules re arranged from that which came before, my mother ate things that where of the earth in order I may grow inside her and I continue to eat things of the earth to maintain my earthly body.

I am by my nature, as are you all born of dust and of this earth, the fungi, the plants, the animals the sun the moon and the oceans and rivers are your creator, to acknowledge them and their majesty is to give thanks to them, to respect them for giving you life and continued sustenance.

You will all return to dust and once more be re arranged into a life force of many parts.

For me the trees being the figure head for life makes perfect sense, they live long, create rain, produce food, shelter the deer on which we have preyed upon for all our existence, give us food to warm our bodies, and materials to make our bows and spears so that we may feed our bodies or build shelters.

The tree of life, and of knowledge are the core of all human spirituality whatever faith you follow, and for good not godly reasons.

if we need to look byond trees as the source of our riverhead or "flow" we have lost our paths and seek to furnish more than we need.

Edited by Tony Croft aka hamadryad

Surely we now have the knowledge to understand these things and reason on facts??

Thats just what all previous generations thought!

But previous generations has so few facts with which to reason, its little wonder they had to make most things up.

We however have more facts than any previous generation and are a position to enlighten ourselves and learn truth, to not do so is wilful ignorance.

The tree of life, and of knowledge are the core of all human spirituality whatever faith you follow, and for good not godly reasons.

:001_smile:

One of the main reasons we purchased that place in Norge is it gave us a deep inside peace (nothing to do with religion) when walking/sitting in the mountains in all seasons. The sounds of nature and no man made interuptions.

The stress caused with being forced to sell has tainted that but we need to go back and see now progress made.

According to anthropologists John Monaghan and Peter Just, many of the great world religions appear to have begun as revitalization movements of some sort, as the vision of a charismatic prophet fires the imaginations of people seeking a more comprehensive answer to their problems than they feel is provided by everyday beliefs.

Tony,

All of this is based upon the use of psycho-active plants and fungi or entheogens by shamans, high priests and prophets and/or their followers.

We would not have become social human beings by development of the "mycelium" or white matter interface of our brain and of colour vision, speech and language, if our ancesters from the neolithic period (Tassili/Algeria, Selva Pascuala/Spain) had not "experimented" with all kinds of food, and had not discovered the "magic" powers of mushrooms such as the Fly Agaric, the Liberty Caps (Psilocybe) and ergots by doing so.

Overwhelming and anxiety provoking vivid and increasingly colourful hallucinations triggered the need to share experiences with other members of the nuclear family or tribe and stood at the base of the transition from non-verbal ways of communication to speech and language development.

Rituals and ceremonies worshiping the "mushroom" gods were the first steps towards development of all kind of beliefs, superstitions and religions, that are all based on the need to explain and understand the unexplicable and sooth the existential anxiety arising from loss of control each of us feels deeply inside by attributing frightful and incomprehensive incidents happening around us to one or preferably a number of gods, that all can have rituals and ceremonies of their own.

Edited by Fungus

Tony,

All of this is based upon the use of psycho-active plants and fungi or entheogens by shamans, high priests and prophets and/or their followers.

We would not have become social human beings by development of the "mycelium" or white matter interface of our brain and of colour vision, speech and language, if our ancesters from the neolithic period (Tassili/Algeria, Selva Pascuala/Spain) had not "experimented" with all kinds of food, and had not discovered the "magic" powers of mushrooms such as the Fly Agaric, the Liberty Caps (Psilocybe) and ergots by doing so.

Overwhelming and anxiety provoking vivid and increasingly colourful hallucinations triggered the need to share experiences with other members of the nuclear family or tribe and stood at the base of the transition from non-verbal ways of communication to speech and language development.

Rituals and ceremonies worshiping the "mushroom" gods were the first steps towards development of all kind of beliefs, superstitions and religions, that are all based on the need to explain and understand the unexplicable and sooth the existential anxiety arising from loss of control each of us feels deeply inside by attributing frightful and incomprehensive incidents happening around us to one or preferably a number of gods, that all can have rituals and ceremonies of their own.

Thats very interesting, and put slightly differently from the last time we soke about this shroom culture:thumbup1:

Shrooms that grew on the roots of trees no doubt!:biggrin:

Some of my best friends are 'Druids':001_smile:

Years ago I worked out how 'Dolmans were built' so I started building 'dolmans with 5 tonne capstones' these ended up in National papers and I was eventually contacted by a group of Druids to build the first large stone circle by hand for 4,000 years. I agreed to get them started by spending a week with them, really had quite a time. Got off to a bad start, I arrived looking like a construction worker and most had just been evicted from the Newbury bypass but we sorted that out. Got bogged down with 'rituals' but as they saw results with erecting 10 tonne stones all went well. I came back when all was finished and the had their night time 'Pagan ritual' - lots of flesh.

Understood them alot more afterwards:thumbup1:

Some of my best friends are 'Druids':001_smile:

Years ago I worked out how 'Dolmans were built' so I started building 'dolmans with 5 tonne capstones' these ended up in National papers and I was eventually contacted by a group of Druids to build the first large stone circle by hand for 4,000 years. I agreed to get them started by spending a week with them, really had quite a time. Got off to a bad start, I arrived looking like a construction worker and most had just been evicted from the Newbury bypass but we sorted that out. Got bogged down with 'rituals' but as they saw results with erecting 10 tonne stones all went well. I came back when all was finished and the had their night time 'Pagan ritual' - lots of flesh.

Understood them alot more afterwards:thumbup1:

Spent the day in a druids grove yesterday, so much "magic" there, awesome place:thumbup1:

59765fe3c4524_kingsleyvale095.jpg.2fc3efbe65180594a116157148a7fdb5.jpg