chainsaw gloves

predator

I was just reading another post regarding gloves and notice not many wear chainsaw gloves or use them why is that ?. I,ve just got some gifted to me and was very greatful and going to use them when i get my saw out again soon whats the probblem and issues etc as i,am confused now why

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading another post regarding gloves and notice not many wear chainsaw gloves or use them why is that ?. I,ve just got some gifted to me and was very greatful and going to use them when i get my saw out again soon whats the probblem and issues etc as i,am confused now why

Because they are macho idiots predator. I can assure you it impresses no one .

i dont wear them,nowt to do with being macho,just a personal pref!

try working with them when its pissing down with rain and they are soaked through,they are so slippery its safer not to wear them

plus modern chainsaws have so many safety features these days,

I've seen a chain come off at full tilt and destroy a chain catcher. What it would do to your fingers god only knows. Thats fine by me if individuals decide not to wear them but i strongly disagree with experienced personell condoning it to beginners . A disregard for safety at such an early stage in ones career is heading for a shock one day .

I've seen a chain come off at full tilt and destroy a chain catcher. What it would do to your fingers god only knows. Thats fine by me if individuals decide not to wear them but i strongly disagree with experienced personell condoning it to beginners . A disregard for safety at such an early stage in ones career is heading for a shock one day .

like i said a personal pref,i dont dictate or preach to anyone not to wear chainsaw gloves?

i dont wear them,but its not a macho thing and i am not a idiot!

if i used a chainsaw without the correct trousers then i would be an idiot,because if the chain came off after destroying the chain catcher,then its possible to take a nice chunk out of my leg!

if you are using the chainsaw correctly with both hands where they should be,how can you cut your fingers if the chain comes off.

like i said a personal pref,i dont dictate or preach to anyone not to wear chainsaw gloves?

i dont wear them,but its not a macho thing and i am not a idiot!

if i used a chainsaw without the correct trousers then i would be an idiot,because if the chain came off after destroying the chain catcher,then its possible to take a nice chunk out of my leg!

if you are using the chainsaw correctly with both hands where they should be,how can you cut your fingers if the chain comes off.

I agree if they are soaking wet, but there are alternatives now , we are spoiled for choice when it comes to kit, there really is no excuse. I used maybe over the top words Eva , i know your not an idiot but i was just trying to get across the importance of safety to beginners FROM DAY ONE.

We all make mistakes Eva , you know this especially at the end of a long hard day when fatigue sets in and we just want the job done and to go home. That saw can get mighty close to the back of the left hand in tight conifers etc.

Why do the top manufacturers put protection on the back of the left hand ?

Do you know something they dont ? :001_smile:

I use mine all the time Predator, wet, dry whatever. Never had any issues with them. Keep you hands nice and warm too, not that this winter has been that cold up here.

Not so much about being macho, in Arb there are so many different tasks to carry out, saw use some days is very minimal to say the least, may not even use a tank full of fuel in a day. Needing to wear chainsaw gloves for saw operation, then a different pair of gloves for rope handling, then another pair for dragging and chipping is a pita. However, in woodland/forestry/firewooding, you are using a saw pretty much all day, no need to chop and change gloves, and in fact the gloves may save your hands generally from every day wear and tear as well as the saw. If I were in Predators shoes, having been given a pair of chainsaw gloves, I would wear them.

I think everyone should start off wearing them.

As you get more experienced and confident with a saw you can make your own mind up as to wear them or not then.

Personally I can't stand them, far to big and bulky for day to day tree work,

When I have worn chainsaw gloves In the past I've spent more time taking them off to undo ropes etc than anything else!!