recession or no different??????

jamesw

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy til end Feb, with 2 weeks booked in for March. Work's a little bit better than previous years if anything, but then I'm not exposed to domestic work really. If I didn't own a radio or telly, I wouldn't know that there was a recession on. I did notice the boom though, mainly because of the upwardly spiralling house rent.

that sounds really good quickthorn what were you doing before domestic work? sorry to be necky!!!:blushing:

I used to do domestic, but it's all groundwork now, hedgelaying, forestry and the like, for councils, wildlife trusts and such. I sub as well, in particular to one company that does work for the Forestry Commission.

I can honestly say I'm not struggling, yet. I keep thinking its going to go quiet and then a few more jobs come in. I know the phone is quieter than in previous years but having been around a few years and by networking i get jobs just through knowing someone who knows someone.

I wish everyone the best of luck and will not be hoping for anyone else to go under, I dont see how that helps TBH. We're all better off working properly as businesses with insurence etc. than claiming dole and doing "homers" on the side undercutting the guys who are still making a go of it.

The truth is most tree firms have been struggling for nearly a year now, those that say different are liars!

er? if you say "most" have been struggling, then "some" most not be struggling, so if they say there doing OK, they are not liars! surly??

I've had a very good year, had more work than I could cope with much of the time, I did notice a real dip in calls during all the media hype, but never ran out of work and then it picked up again.

I hate to say it but I think things will get worse, I,m living off customers that I,ve built up over previous years. Price cheap,its better than not working at all.

How much do you want for that serious machine gun type rifle thingy, I might try organised crime, or even disorganised crime:sneaky2: