Tool Hooks?

Mesterh

Is there something out there that I can use to hang saws on while say chogging down or moving about the tree so I'm not having to pull the thing up all the time. I usually just clip the 2 krabs of the tool strop together but it can be a bit fiddly sometimes.

It would have to be able to fit onto a harness where the belt cant be removed and I dont want it to have any kind of locking mechanism.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there something out there that I can use to hang saws on while say chogging down or moving about the tree so I'm not having to pull the thing up all the time. I usually just clip the 2 krabs of the tool strop together but it can be a bit fiddly sometimes.

It would have to be able to fit onto a harness where the belt cant be removed and I dont want it to have any kind of locking mechanism.

i use a crab with the gate taped open so the saw would hang off that , this works pretty well although not ideal. another way is to use dog lead/key ring clip which opens and closes very easy even with gloves.

Overload a krab so the gate opens inwards thats what i use for a saw hook you can if required still close the gate but 95% the time theres no need as its just a saw hook...enables you to do gun slinger stylee quick draws of your harness as well,found those petzl carry tools too flimsey and you had to chuck the gate to make it more functionable

Edited by MattyF

ive got a petzl caritool on mine on one side and a wiregate on the other. both are a dream to get things attached to, but a pain to get things back off at times. but then, without the gate, things wouldnt stay put, guess you cant have your cake and eat it

try the big caritool.heaps better imo as can hold up to 15kgs

I use the black diamond ice clippers

BDIceClipperF06.jpg

Very similar to the Caritool but without the hook on the back, so they dont stay at right angles to the harness quite so much.

I can clip and unclip the saw one handed, been using them for at least 6 months and I havent broken one or lost a gate yet. I put a tight rubber band on the wire gate to help keep it on.

Ice tool holders are rated at around 5kN, enough to handle a saw, I put my 441 on them, but they will break if a lowering line got clipped in there accidentally. Something to consider if you use a carabiner rated at 22kN or more, you could get pulled out of the tree by a big chunk on a lowering rope.

Overload a krab so the gate opens inwards thats what i use for a saw hook you can if required still close the gate but 95% the time theres no need as its just a saw hook...enables you to do gun slinger stylee quick draws of your harness as well,found those petzl carry tools too flimsey and you had to chuck the gate to make it more functionable

lost count of the number of carrytools I have snaped or lost the gate from. snapped another one the other day, might go for the knackered krab route this time...:001_tongue: