Christians on arbtalk?

Matt Butler

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion maybe.

I certainly don't need to know what persuasion my family, my customers and my friends are before I discuss anything with them.

You don't need to know much about anyone in life to get by, but IMO it makes life much more pleasant and interesting when we do know about those with whom we interact.

I think at this point, with the injection of well considered and intellectual discussion regarding astronomy, that we have a little more Monty Python:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buqtdpuZxvk]Galaxy Song - YouTube[/ame]

As a kid, for some reason I decided to learn this song and it's stuck with me ever since!

Jonathan

Hi all I think it's a cracking post it sure has got everyone's fingers on to the keyboard, excellent .

I think it's great to discuss whatever you want in the lounge , everyone has different views on there beliefs and it's great to discuss in a friendly open manor

For myself I am a beliver But not a church goer my parents were really religious and I was dragged to church twice every sun all of my childhood . I really found it just so boring I really did not want to go but had to

Nothing has really changed I never have found a higher power or any other higher being in the sky .

I am siill opened minded and do believe there is a world beyond this one where we go when our life is spent down hear .

Just my pennies worth for the post.

Littletree:thumbup:

Did a degree in philosophy while deciding what to do with my life. Being an atheist in a college run by Jesuits wasn't exactly easy. There were many students on both sides of the fence at that college, but plenty on the other side who were as close to fundamentalists as I've met. Really scary people. They put me off religious people for a long time. I have recovered somewhat and gained some perspective since then. As others have said, if it gives you strength when you need it, then it can't be all bad.

I used to say to these fundamentalists, that they do what the bible tells them, whether or not its right, I do what is right, no matter what the bible says. The bible really needs a good hard editing to weed out some of the non-sense in there. Who has the guts to rewrite the word of God though?