feedback on timberwolf 190 please

butler

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not quite sure how to take this comment

what tom is diplomatically saying (echoing the general consensus), is that the tw190 is a bit pat...

probably the cheapest chipper of its capacity, but you gets what you pay for, it excells in no particular area. chips wood up to 7 1/2" dia. fin

its never too late, what would you recommend?

From the assumption you ordered it for it's capacity I would say a Jensen best fits the bill.

For tracking purposes the 19-28, but forget it in chipping productivity and infeed power terms; the Jensen A430/T (50hp) is imo the best ~8" machine. Saying that you can get the A540/T which is a 7.5"; this comes with either the 37hp 3 cylinder lump from the A530, the 45hp turbo diesel which suits it far better or you can special order the 50hp naturally aspirated from the A430. The A430 is nice but heavy and expensive whereas the A540 is considerably more nimble and will be near as damn it the same productivity with only 0.5" less capacity and costs about £10k less.

From the assumption you ordered it for it's capacity I would say a Jensen best fits the bill.

For tracking purposes the 19-28, but forget it in chipping productivity and infeed power terms; the Jensen A430/T (50hp) is imo the best ~8" machine. Saying that you can get the A540/T which is a 7.5"; this comes with either the 37hp 3 cylinder lump from the A530, the 45hp turbo diesel which suits it far better or you can special order the 50hp naturally aspirated from the A430. The A430 is nice but heavy and expensive whereas the A540 is considerably more nimble and will be near as damn it the same productivity with only 0.5" less capacity and costs about £10k less.

i second that,, :thumbup1:

i do a lot of climbing for someone with a 190, its very low hours and was new last year it has failed and stopped a days work 3 times so far. All failures appear to have been caused by obvious manufacturing defects. However this was always denied by the dealers. I think the owner is getting a little anxious as the warranty is almost up, I wouldn't buy one with my own money, i'd much sooner buy a Jensen if a compact machine is what you require, or failing that a bandit, schlising, greenmech etc.

I have a 190 too and whilst good, I would probably look at something else next time. Its a great machine in everyway apart from chipping lol. Like said before, always wrestling with material in the shute and material getting stuck on the anvil inside. Bit heavy too :(. On the plus side its the best looking chipper out there :thumbup1:

not quite sure how to take this comment

Candidate for biggest BS statement this year....

I thought that too!

what tom is diplomatically saying (echoing the general consensus), is that the tw190 is a bit pat...

probably the cheapest chipper of its capacity, but you gets what you pay for, it excells in no particular area. chips wood up to 7 1/2" dia. fin

tree_beard basically sums it up. I have used 190s and compered to jensens I have use and my old 935i they dont come close enough in build quality or ease of maintainance or longevity or ease of use to consider it as the best make of machine. Its what I said- you buy a cheaper machine and you get what i see as these 'issues'.:001_smile:

Hi, as title says im looking for peoples experiences and feedback on the timberwolf 190. I am awaiting to take delivery of one (without seeing it working)and am hoping i have ordered a good machine.

thanks

For weight and performance they are the best and hold great re sale values, just look at ebay, they stand way above the rest.:thumbup1: