council competing against us! disgusting!

simonm

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a lot of people know this but you are within your rights to request the use of a chipper, stump grinder, chainsaw, strimmer or any other bit of kit from the LA as a tax payer as long as you fulfill ther health & safety requirements- contact your LA parks department and ask-:thumbup1: tell them your rights. Another THING you and i have to do all the phone calls when we get in after work and price out of hours, they dont, a tax payer paid for girl picks up there phone calls and they price in the tax payers time!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Hope this is not a wind up cos I'm going to knock on their door tomorrow :001_smile: What frustrates me is i see it bloody parked up all the time at their yard while i dump my emmm help a friend get rid of his arisings :blushing:

Not a lot of people know this but you are within your rights to request the use of a chipper, stump grinder, chainsaw, strimmer or any other bit of kit from the LA as a tax payer as long as you fulfill ther health & safety requirements- contact your LA parks department and ask-:thumbup1: tell them your rights. Another THING you and i have to do all the phone calls when we get in after work and price out of hours, they dont, a tax payer paid for girl picks up there phone calls and they price in the tax payers time!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Yes you are right this is something i personnally have been requesting more of!

There are far to many men answering the phone at the Council these days! I hate having no eye candy to look at while im drinking my brews!

:lol::lol:

Also, have you seen all the tax payer funded Incident Support Unit vehicles parked up by the side of roads with the crew flailing and strimming, thereby taking work away from the tax payer funded maintenance crews, leaving them to take work away from the tax payer?? Bonkers.

Mind you, if council bloke knocked on my door offering to cut the grass for a tenner, he's welcome to it!

Hope this is not a wind up cos I'm going to knock on their door tomorrow :001_smile: What frustrates me is i see it bloody parked up all the time at their yard while i dump my emmm help a friend get rid of his arisings :blushing:

No wind up, i cant say what my role is in life, but its complex , fun and how i got to this position in life i will never know:lol:

Good and bad in all walks of life .

Overpaid Tree Surgeon working for the LA ? . I know a 25 year old who gets 16k a year . Maybe a tad more now . Hardly overpaid :001_smile:

DUVET DAYS? - SICKYS (mondays and fridays) WORKING FROM HOME IS THE BEST ONE:lol::lol: wish i could, and get paid for it, They are all ...................................:thumbup:

1 job i know they have won is a 50 linear metre hawthorne hedge that wants trimming 2 meters tall council put £1400 on said job and won it

I did a job like that in someones garden with a mini scaffold tower hegdetrimmer hand shears loppers & a silky saw took me one long day for 80 quid. :001_huh: