Big Lime crane reduction

gibbon

This is the 1st crane job I've done for about a year. I made some mistakes, got the saw stuck a couple of times and i badly positioned the boom on a piece which slid back above me. I thought I'd leave it in rather than edit it out.

It was supposed to be a felling job, but we managed to persuade them to reduce instead, not least for the owl who lives in the cavity.

Watch it full screen in HD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnDx0KEcOhM&context=C34045a5ADOEgsToPDskLZoC62cQ2I5LfAPo7g0Y9h]Big Lime Reduction - YouTube[/ame]

nice video good job well done makes job so much easier with the right kit.

your in the same boat as me with the crane work then, ive got a big horsechestnut coming up in 2weeks dismantle with crane its been a year since i last used a crane, then i have another crane job after that for a black poplar to pollard.

Thanks guys I was pleased with how it went. I used a go pro, converted the files to avi using squared 5 video converter then edited with Windows movie maker.

I don't have any photos but the estate workers took loads so I will ask for a couple and put them on.

nice video good job well done makes job so much easier with the right kit.

your in the same boat as me with the crane work then, ive got a big horsechestnut coming up in 2weeks dismantle with crane its been a year since i last used a crane, then i have another crane job after that for a black poplar to pollard.

Yeah its a bit weird when you haven't used one for a while. I used to use them about once every 6 weeks, but the work hasn't called for it lately. Just go easy to start with and don't get too over confident. Pay attention to the position of the hook above your main sling, that's where I messed up!!!

Yeah its a bit weird when you haven't used one for a while. I used to use them about once every 6 weeks, but the work hasn't called for it lately. Just go easy to start with and don't get too over confident. Pay attention to the position of the hook above your main sling, that's where I messed up!!!

yeah thats an easy one to forget the first few bits off after a while not using a crane!:001_smile: