articulated access.

dustydave

I’m looking at getting in an articulated full load of cordwood onto a site that I have.

The access from one side is a bit tight for articulated. But it is accessible from another side. The problem is , is that the track up to the site can sometimes get a bit muddy. It is never so bad that you couldn’t get a 2-wheel drive along it; although you would slide around a bit.

I don’t want to organise a delivery and then have the driver refuse to drive in.

If anyone who knows about these things I’d be very grateful if I could pm details of a youtube clip of the track, for your comments.

Cheers,

Dave

Is he going in forward or backwards?

If its forwards with a good turn around you should be OK, if reversing in the trailer can slide on a muddy track making the job near impossible. If you have a tractor you can put a bit of pull on the trailer trailer while he reverses this will cure that issue.

Best thing is to have a tractor on standby

We unload in a field the gateway is hard cored they usually pull in and reverse out . Last week i had a new driver turn up he stopped and i explained what usually happens he looked at me and laughed got back in his lorry and just started driving he got 300m before getting stuck when empty we just dragged him out with tractor. So as said above have a tractor on standby most driver just want to get in and get unloaded as long as there is not anything he can slide into and dent the unit you should be fine.:001_smile:

This time of year is very iffy putting a loaded truck onto soft ground, getting it stuck is very bad news as you not only need a big tractor to get it out you may damage the chassis in the process. Last winter the driver of my local poo tanker got a 28 ton 8x2 stuck on some pretty dry sandy field with grass on top, down a very slight slope. I hung a 160hp 4 WD John Deere on the front, it did get him out but it struggled.

A

This time of year is very iffy putting a loaded truck onto soft ground, getting it stuck is very bad news as you not only need a big tractor to get it out you may damage the chassis in the process. Last winter the driver of my local poo tanker got a 28 ton 8x2 stuck on some pretty dry sandy field with grass on top, down a very slight slope. I hung a 160hp 4 WD John Deere on the front, it did get him out but it struggled.

A

I agree lorrys and soft ground don't go together, they always find the weak spots and in the wheels go, also the trailer can can slide sideways on the slightest of gradients, i'd phone up the driver and explain the conditions to him, its up to him then.