My new toy.

Giles

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so you can use red if you are working on tree's next to a public road,but not in someones back garden.

You can carry chip on the mog if it's been harvesting chip and your taking it to temp storage.

So can I stick 5 quid of white in, in the morning to get me to and from the Job,use red while I'm chipping and show me reciept to the guy who pulls me?

And then to confuse it all my vat registration says I'm in forestry....your honour

so you can use red if you are working on tree's next to a public road,but not in someones back garden.

You can carry chip on the mog if it's been harvesting chip and your taking it to temp storage.

So can I stick 5 quid of white in, in the morning to get me to and from the Job,use red while I'm chipping and show me reciept to the guy who pulls me?

And then to confuse it all my vat registration says I'm in forestry....your honour

No, thats not the case, firstly , the roadside trees will be highways work, but the main issue here and one that is little known is that you cannot actually run off both red and white in one machine.The vehicle has to be registered for one or the otherIf you run off red and get caught doing work outside of exemption then you run the risk of having the vehicle impounded' a heavy fine and back duty to pay . If you register for white then you automatically come into a different taxation class which in most cases would mean tacho, o licence and in some cases H.G.V and m.o.t.

Why!! parts are not going to be any more expensive on his mog. You could get it ag spec and attempt to register agricultural. But getting 3 point linkage and hydraulic set up on a vario would cost an arm and a leg anyway. If you did not get the vario ag you then have to pay on operators licence, mot tax, white diesel, then get your class one so you tow a large trailer. The price of these every year go a long way to serviceing. That unimog that Giles has bought will virtually had every single part changed on it since 1984. Plus another reason people buy mogs is cause they like them, there fun to have and they make you feel good driving to work,

thanks david it gets so many looks and i love it i dont think i would ever sell it and i dont think i could ever just drive around in a transit or something for tree work.

• 2 months later...