Lorry thompson

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the replies lads I'll be using it most days so won't have time to take the wheels off or should I say would doy head in takin them off every day haha think the ground sheet will be a canny idea there's a lot of gear gear around the yard but as its new it will no doubt attract attention. And Harry haven't got a clue what you mean mate haha do you mean a big steel plate to bolt across the hubs down one side of the trailer if so I like it but would they rove it easily?

Reason I'm worried so much is since looking for a trailer I'm shocked at how many stolen ones you get offered and the fact second hand ones are so expensive thought I might aswel buy new because the way my luck is lately I'd buy a stolen one:thumbdown: I know the hitch locks are useless because I'd been told they now fabricate sheaths with a hitch on that slot over the top of your hitch and clamp on and they just tow them away:sneaky2:

How about a nice fat bollard to go in the a-frame?

Park it, put bollard through, preferably with a chain as well.

If they really want it and bring cutting gear, they'll take it. But a decent bollard would mean they'd need to lift it over the bollard to get it off as the a-frame will hinder cutting it. The chain will stop the lesser prepared but burly chaps trying to lift it off by gypower.

The above combo will need either lifting gear or some severe gas-axeing. If they bring either or both of the above, they'll have it no matter what you've done to deter them.

Mark it up with smart water get cctv put in make access as difficult as possible for them the more the have to break or force and cut their way through stuff the more chance they will get heard by somebody and the same as everybody else has suggested we got broken into before christmas they took our chipper and generator not impressed .