bought my first chipper

testcricket01

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved my 620i. Best small chipper i have EVER come across. But then again i did fit a 32hp deutz to it. I have a 935i vermeer now, but regularly pine for my old 620.

Superb, basic, well built easy to work on machines that will go on for years.

[ATTACH]86025[/ATTACH]

I knew vermeer were well built i could tell they are easy work on by everything is so easy to get to by looks of it. You ever taken the funnel off tommer? Will b real pain if its hard to do.

cheers guys made me feel at ease now, i thought was going to have a nice chipper with no where to put it :001_rolleyes:

i shall take some pics when i get it the machines 200miles from me so it may be end of this week or next week that i actually get it i shall take some pics im all excited cant wait to get my own machine :thumbup1:

200 miles away you say? - it looks pretty clean and original to me.:wink: Can't quite see if the shoot comes off, but I'm sure there will be a way

The 625 is a fine first chipper, reliable and solid. And the price is often right! It will serve you well and make you money! Probably the most widely sold 6 inch chipper on the market.

Without going much heavier, once you wish to upgrade (ie drop another bucket of money at gear), there are other 6 inch chippers have have a greater capacity (having double the width infeed mouth) and will save you time and fuel week to week. (as will a backpack blower, the list is endless)

My first chipper was very simular, lasted me years. Nothing happier than a arb and his first very own chipper. Well done!

the shoots come off, i have a 625i for sale myself which was my first chipper. Not being rude but if you do not know the discharge chutes are removable and the machine is 200 miles away don;t you think you should do a bit more research before buying ?

I knew vermeer were well built i could tell they are easy work on by everything is so easy to get to by looks of it. You ever taken the funnel off tommer? Will b real pain if its hard to do.

I did once, but it was really awkward to get back on- it kept wanting to fall forwards- and it isnt light like the small round ones on TW or Greenmechs etc. I had no need to though other than that one time so never did again. It wouldnt have been too hard to cut it below the clamp and get a fabricator to hinge it for you though. There is so much heavy steel plate on them that almost anything can be done to them.

cheers fellas looks like ive bought a cracking chipper, my mate has told me if i want it hinged he can do it for me hes a welder so all good :thumbup1:

as for doing abit more research ive wanted a chipper for years now always kept my eyes open for a good deal and this vermeer from a proper dealer fully referbed. i knew vermeer were built to last and were solid well known make so that was enough for me as for the ideal details like the chute etc that can all be figured out when i get it i say i need a chipper so this is perfect price for me for top chipper cant say no in my eyes :thumbup: nothing worse than messing about when i want something i get it there and then :blushing: