HelmeT stickers

Arran Turner

Just imagine somebody actually being thick enough to do that!

You'd have to be right proper stupid wouldn't you?

Firstly you'd qualify as a fool for taking your frustrations out on your kit, very childish tantrum behaviour.

And then secondly trying to hide the fact you've been an idiot by doing something stupid like hiding a fault in one of your profession's most important bits of ppe

And thirdly for saying you'd done that on here:thumbdown:

You miserable sod!:thumbdown:

:laugh1:

I have kicked the odd bit of kit about, sure makes you feel better.:thumbup:

Dont worry it has all been mine.Although I would never try to kick my own helmet, I have man handled it on the odd occasion though!

TBH Im fairly sure that as long as the helmet is within its working life span a sticker wont do any harm, I have had many plastered on after inductions and they have all been carried out by very thorough HSE type guys!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had stickers on most of my helmets . The black helmet I,ve got at the moment has a large yellow stripe across the top to warn all the wasp's that I also sting . Serious note the black helmet don't attract half as many bugs as the hi viz version . Although I will wear it when need to . This also has stickies on it :001_smile: One guy I worked for had a bullseye target sticker on top of his lid .

dont kick your helmet a mate of mine did it with a pacific helmet, and it went under a truck! no amount of stickers is going to cover that up! at least his head was'nt in it!:001_rolleyes:

as for stickers on helmets, I work with a number of climber who have them. and the company seems to have no problem with them.

i was told at college that because uv degrades the plastic over time, the area under the sticker does not degrade at the same rate as the rest of the helmet. therefore, it creates a weak point around the edge of the sticker.

but imo dont think that it would make a massive difference.

i was told at college that because uv degrades the plastic over time, the area under the sticker does not degrade at the same rate as the rest of the helmet. therefore, it creates a weak point around the edge of the sticker.

but imo dont think that it would make a massive difference.

I agree, particularly in light of the fact that the HSE recommend a maximum three year life.