Beware of scammers!

MATTMOSS

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Felix dont mean to sound so sure of myself but I am sure this and another couple of listings are fraudulent.

Reasons why?-- a couple of usernames very similar, both set up on same day last sept, no feedback, both listing way under priced machinery, no feed back, no proper addresses apart from North and Shetland! £200 delivery, money to be paid by BACS. they are scams if i ever saw one, do you agree or not?

matt

I was just querying the fact that the item appeared as 'sold', not 'withdrawn'. I agree if BACS was the only payment method accepted then it would be cut and dried to me too. Granted, the cash option could be a bluff but if I was buying a piece of kit like that, I wouldn't be sending any money until I or somebody I knew could be relied upon had taken a good look at it. People who get their fingers burnt on things like these tend to deserve a lot of the blame themselves, unless of course they are of diminished mental capacity. :001_smile:

I was just querying the fact that the item appeared as 'sold', not 'withdrawn'. I agree if BACS was the only payment method accepted then it would be cut and dried to me too. Granted, the cash option could be a bluff but if I was buying a piece of kit like that, I wouldn't be sending any money until I or somebody I knew could be relied upon had taken a good look at it. People who get their fingers burnt on things like these tend to deserve a lot of the blame themselves, unless of course they are of diminished mental capacity. :001_smile:

Unfortunately this applies to most poeple I know!! Ha Ha :lol:

Trouble is the bank won't investigate and the Police can only do so much after sending information release request forms to the bank - all to find that the account was set up in a false name and address and has been mysteriously emptied.

Seems my faith is miss-placed then. A result of living in a crime free, trusting area I guess..

yet a nuvver offshore investment!!!!

JAPA 700 Firewood Processor Logsplitter | eBay

time we had internet sas to investigate/stop the plague of scams on otherwise usefull sites and while they are at it tool theft /export could do with some clout/ action too.

Finally i saw a knackered white chip truck outside my local scap yard with a couple of 6foot leylandi used to conceal a load of cable/copper