Speed Awareness Clinic.

PeteB

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a IAM motorcycle rider I found the whole experience largely pointless, the instructor was clearly trying to use the statistics to prove his point.

All the accidents marked on that map on the A272 involve dead motorcyclists. Sure some of them were IAM too.

Well, I went and was pretty humbled by a few comments and my lack of knowledge to do with speed/time/distance.

I am glad I went and will try to behave myself as I would be upset if someone killed my kids due to excessive speed.

Pete, I too went for reeducation just before xmas. I was caught doing 35 in a 30. My gripe was that the camera imo was not lawfully signed so I could have got off but took the easier and cheaper route of attending the course. Very much an eye opener.

We should all be aware that if you hit a kid a 30 they have a very high chance of escaping major injury. If you hit them at 35 to 40 there is a very high chance they will die.

Ask yourself this...if you do speed and kill a child what will you say to their parents? I was late for work, late for a meeting, late for a delivery? Better they live and you be 5 minutes late surely?

I'm no angel and have done many stupid and dangerous things in vehicles in my time. I found the course a bit of a wake up call.

My course was run by the aa and was not patronising in the least.

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

I was sent on a speed awareness course, and went with alot of misgivings. By the end of the course I came away a better, slwoer and more careful driver and with the belief that EVERYONE should go on the course. Maybe i got a good one, but TBH i thought it was excellent.

Pete, I too went for reeducation just before xmas. I was caught doing 35 in a 30. My gripe was that the camera imo was not lawfully signed so I could have got off but took the easier and cheaper route of attending the course. Very much an eye opener.

We should all be aware that if you hit a kid a 30 they have a very high chance of escaping major injury. If you hit them at 35 to 40 there is a very high chance they will die.

Ask yourself this...if you do speed and kill a child what will you say to their parents? I was late for work, late for a meeting, late for a delivery? Better they live and you be 5 minutes late surely?

I'm no angel and have done many stupid and dangerous things in vehicles in my time. I found the course a bit of a wake up call.

My course was run by the aa and was not patronising in the least.

kwfhomepage

Very true!!:thumbup1:

But at 25mph would be better still, or 20mph, or 15mph.

But really the fact that children and vehicles are mixing on the same streets is just bonkers.

Look at all the hassle there was over a very, very few deaths on the railways, £100000's was spent, but 1000's die on the roads and its just accepted:confused1:

We get hounded about safety, but the most dangerous thing I do every day is drive to site, but no one ever ask's for a RS or MS for that???:confused1:

I did one of these about 8years ago, i think we got a free lunch, if you dont think about the cost of the course lol

The course does change you, although to be fair,I had just watched the birth of my first child around that time, i thnk that makes you grow up, and think about what a c**k a car can turn you into.

I was sent on a speed awareness course, and went with alot of misgivings. By the end of the course I came away a better, slwoer and more careful driver and with the belief that EVERYONE should go on the course. Maybe i got a good one, but TBH i thought it was excellent.

I did a two day one (Driving without due care :blushing: )

We went out on the road with an instructor and the standard of driving of the others in my car was scary!!!:thumbdown:

I found the course very helpful.