Stein Arborist Helmet

RC0

• 3 months later...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- do you know if the normal mesh visor will still fit across the front of the helmet too?

you can fit both visors at the same time but you need to hook the little springs up differently so it can fit.

002.jpg.1c16c848e6c0dd8b579aa8022f28bf80.jpg

Just found this thread. Great looking lid. Think I'll go grey with smoked visor and stencil 'Maverick' on the brow.

Reg - re original pic on p1, if your spikes are in that stem you must have size 97 feet! You were stood on the ground with a kids playhouse behind you, you old fraud, you!

Just found this thread. Great looking lid. Think I'll go grey with smoked visor and stencil 'Maverick' on the brow.

Reg - re original pic on p1, if your spikes are in that stem you must have size 97 feet! You were stood on the ground with a kids playhouse behind you, you old fraud, you!

Mark, I'd just reached the top of a wall which ought to explain my posture. Gavin climbed up onto the wall also to take the picture. Thanks

Treewizzard, you get both the clear and meshed so a person can use which ever they’re most comfortable with….and little less cynicism please. It was raining for of much today, yet the clarity of the visor remained more that adequate for this climber….I would have said so otherwise. If the visor does happen to get badly scratched or damaged, so what, it’s just a visor, much like a pair of safety specs, just buy another. FWIW it did get bashed a few times today as the tree was quite compact and congested….but it held up just fine. However, if it fails tomorrow or at any time within the next 3 months, of course I’ll post about it.

didnt mean to me to sound like that mate, sorry for the late reply havent been online in while.

i was looking at the stien helmets in wgm the other day apparently they are better that the vertex because they are rated for side impacts as the vertex is not, just top.

a mesh visor option is a good idea.

any idea how much spares are for them.

you can fit both visors at the same time but you need to hook the little springs up differently so it can fit.

Rod what way do you hook the springs up differently and does it stay clear of the visor throughout the up and down motion???

I just got one yesterday from gustharts with a smoked visor and the mesh guard, with upgraded ear muffs for £97

they do stay clear of eachother by at least half an inch

the springs are a bit tricky on the mesh visor the rear end of the springs is attached to a plastic peg i removed the peg and attached the spring through the hole beside it but its a tight fit. mine also seems to work fine with the springs off all together

didnt mean to me to sound like that mate, sorry for the late reply havent been online in while.

i was looking at the stien helmets in wgm the other day apparently they are better that the vertex because they are rated for side impacts as the vertex is not, just top.

a mesh visor option is a good idea.

any idea how much spares are for them.

No worries. And FWIW I actually went back to the mesh visor shortly after....old habits and all that:001_cool: