A weird Pine Quote

Tree-Fela

I have recently had a tree that i quoted for, all of a sudden a few facts came to light about ownership or lack off more's the point.............for the amount i had on the job it just was not worth my while, with the potenial hassle grief and stress it was going to cause me, sure work is tight and i had a good price on it. But i dont need money so badly that i am going to risk legal action against me and also damaging my reputation. People are devious and if i am honest i don't trust any of my potential customers, i have had people make up approved TPO and consevation applications in the past,

Personally i would walk away, she sounds like a PITA.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just phoned her back and i have said i wish to speak to the owner of the property the tree is on. To this i got well what does it matter if am paying for it she wont mind, and then to top it off she said that they werent back for another week so i politely requested that i come by then and discuss with both sets of clients and see what we can do.

After 5 minutes of talking and understanding the laws, i get the well its posing a danger in these high winds as the roots are starting to uproot. I have then said i will call round tomorrow to assess it but i shall not be touching it till

1. I have it in a signed written document.

2. Have spoken to the owner of the property.

To these terms she then said oh she cant wait that long as shes in fearful for her life i then went onto say i will call round in the morning to assess the situation but i wont be commencing work until the points are fulfilled.

Have i taken the right manner to go about it so i am covered on my end?

How do you mean "covered your end" ? You sound like you think you have some kind of obligation ?

If i were you id swerve the whole thing, sounds like a load of trouble ! I see you not getting paid ?!

Playing devil's advocate here but IF the tree is genuinly dangerous to her property and it really needs work before the owner comes home there is a defence in law to criminal damage if the damage was caused to protect life or property. Proving that after the fact would be the tricky bit though.

I have just phoned her back and i have said i wish to speak to the owner of the property the tree is on. To this i got well what does it matter if am paying for it she wont mind, and then to top it off she said that they werent back for another week so i politely requested that i come by then and discuss with both sets of clients and see what we can do.

After 5 minutes of talking and understanding the laws, i get the well its posing a danger in these high winds as the roots are starting to uproot. I have then said i will call round tomorrow to assess it but i shall not be touching it till

1. I have it in a signed written document.

2. Have spoken to the owner of the property.

To these terms she then said oh she cant wait that long as shes in fearful for her life i then went onto say i will call round in the morning to assess the situation but i wont be commencing work until the points are fulfilled.

Have i taken the right manner to go about it so i am covered on my end?

IMO, The legal owner of any property should be the only party to deal with period, anyone else having a hand in the matter is just going to be more problems later. based on the terms stated earlier you have done enough to cover your back side and more than most. Like suggested earlier a trust your gut and decide which course of action to follow after a chat with the rightful owner of the property.:thumbup1:

easy-lift guy

Hi all

I drove past today to see if i can get a look of the tree. I have gained an idea that its fairly secure and its only reason for being taken out is that the neighbour isnt happy with it being there.

Since then i have had a phone call saying i have entered a verbal agreement that i will undertake the work. so i can be prosecuted all that bollocks

Anyway i have said if you want me to do the work get back in touch with me when the owner of the property is home and we go from there otherwise dont bother me with you mithering and threatening of legal action as i have entered no contract and i havent even undertaken any work.

I also said that i will then be in touch with the next door neighbour in around a week or two to explain what had happened while they was happily away on holiday.

People like that i dont understand if there willing to pay for it whats the problem in waiting till she comes home.

Grghhhhhhhh

Owell lets see what happens.

Hi all

I drove past today to see if i can get a look of the tree. I have gained an idea that its fairly secure and its only reason for being taken out is that the neighbour isnt happy with it being there.

Since then i have had a phone call saying i have entered a verbal agreement that i will undertake the work. so i can be prosecuted all that bollocks

Anyway i have said if you want me to do the work get back in touch with me when the owner of the property is home and we go from there otherwise dont bother me with you mithering and threatening of legal action as i have entered no contract and i havent even undertaken any work.

I also said that i will then be in touch with the next door neighbour in around a week or two to explain what had happened while they was happily away on holiday.

People like that i dont understand if there willing to pay for it whats the problem in waiting till she comes home.

Grghhhhhhhh

Owell lets see what happens.

Alarm bells ringing there for sure, that lady is at it 100% and has no hold over you legally whatsoever seeing the trees are not even hers!

Have words with the rightful owner anyway and if she wants the work done (which i doubt) then get the money upfront or walk away. Thats just got problems written all over it.

Christ!!!

She sounds like a right horrible person.:thumbdown:

I hope you can cause her a load of grief with the neighbour.:thumbup:

I have had that type of thing quite a few times over the years ie asking to prune a neighbours tree and that they dont mind etc etc.(not talking boundary stuff here)

I dont see why people think its ok to do this with threes? They wouldnt ask a builder to demolish next doors shed or wall because it was casting some shade!:001_huh:

Although I also think some people should be forced to prune their trees by some new law as it is ridiculous sometimes.Swings and roundabouts :laugh1: well as long as its within the law.