Inspirational places you've worked at

David Humphries

Some cracking photographs David......you very priveleged indeed.

Have been off the radar last couple of weeks as far as arb talk concerned......have some nice photo's of the park which i will get up in the next couple of days.....think you will lioke them. Have some interesting fungi which i have been unable to i.d as of yet so maybe you might be able to.

Is there a way I can upload more than 5 pictures at a time??

• 1 year later...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't technically worked there, though I do work for the authority & was there today, for work :confused1:

Ashtead Common :thumbup1:

Somewhat of a pilgrimage for me, as this is where 'coronet cuts' all started.

After a huge fire that damaged/destroyed hundreds of veteran oaks in the nineties, Bob Warnock & Adam Curtis trialled the technique here.

Some shots from today from a veryinteresting & unique site.

IMG_1091.jpg.d7fa85321f60a6560c623f46a865bdf9.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg.fca14047252376369d67eaca073e4493.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg.28ededd300342fa087e849a57d28c9a2.jpg

IMG_1078.jpg.0c8934aa353b7f9a5f872d196fa5afc3.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg.bedf5476b50d3b86869a94ddaa295454.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg.331ea72304f9a4d5d8d141051110f597.jpg

IMG_1079.jpg.3ff9afd1f48651b48d95288424af1c4d.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg.cd03a2cc4949d66a9a58898b4f6c7ce5.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg.c1381cdc849b4541280789e07d0144f0.jpg

Edited by Monkey-D

Nice shots David......i went there for the first time a couple of months ago.......have quite a few photos on my photo thread........with a little luck will be working there soon as have just tendered for some vet works.:thumbup::thumbup:

Nice shots David......i went there for the first time a couple of months ago.......have quite a few photos on my photo thread........with a little luck will be working there soon as have just tendered for some vet works. :thumbup:

You'd enjoy that for sure, good luck on the tender. :thumbup1:

Met a couple of contractors in there today carying out some retrenchment. Fine standard of works.

is that a tree i see shadowlithing in pic 4?:thumbup:

It certainly was Rob.

monoshadowlithing :thumbup:

Haven't worked at this site, but I do come here to escape the office for an hour if we have had a stressful resident or councillor complaint. Being away from the main roads its a great place to think and contemplate things.

It's located at Risby, just to the West of Bury St Edmunds. First heard about it in Rackham's The History of the Countryside and went out to hunt it down, didn't think after 30 years there would be much left but to my supprise most of the trees were thriving!!

Not sure how many old pollards there are but there must be over 75. A fantastic place to visit, the farmer who owns the site is really ncie and always happy to talk about it.

RO3.jpg.1e044e1704b0a876e4e70c4582ebaea9.jpg

RO2.jpg.a8b95440737e23da0d590a9950a86259.jpg

RO1.jpg.09db88d4c7a2b85851201e236fd040cc.jpg

Haven't worked at this site, but I do come here to escape the office for an hour if we have had a stressful resident or councillor complaint. Being away from the main roads its a great place to think and contemplate things.

It's located at Risby, just to the West of Bury St Edmunds. First heard about it in Rackham's The History of the Countryside and went out to hunt it down, didn't think after 30 years there would be much left but to my supprise most of the trees were thriving!!

Not sure how many old pollards there are but there must be over 75. A fantastic place to visit, the farmer who owns the site is really ncie and always happy to talk about it.

Thanks for posting Steve,

Looks a great site.

hadn't come across it before, but I'm up in Newmarket fairly often so will go check it out.

Castell Henllys Iron Age Hillfort. Lucky enough to work there five days a week. Right next door is Pengelli forest, 160 acres of ancient oak woodland. I'll get some better pics than this when I get a chance.

Looks like a really interesting place to work. What do you do there?

Sam