Tree Inspection reports

ADB328

Ah yes, another course with very little chance of making ''wonga'' out of it in the real world...:001_smile:

really?

so what would you suggest a man in my shoes do rather han this recognised format?

as far as I can tell it is the only satisfactorarily recognised option that does not involve doing a tech cert or above?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really?

so what would you suggest a man in my shoes do rather han this recognised format?

as far as I can tell it is the only satisfactorarily recognised option that does not involve doing a tech cert or above?

With this cert will it allow you to join CAS or become an AA approved consultant? these two orgs have have the consultancy game sown up.

Ah yes, another course with very little chance of making ''wonga'' out of it in the real world...:001_smile:

No course will make ever make you wonga. It's how you apply the knowledge you gain from courses and how hard your prepared to work that makes money. The world is still full of opportunities for people who.make their own luck.

The PTI certainly won't make you eligible for AA Registered Consultant, but it's a start.

I think the PTI is worth doing - as Tony says it's one of very few options to get some kind of accreditation if you don't have a degree or Tech cert. It's probably been said before to you Tony - you wouldn't learn much in terms of VTA on the PTI but it would at least give you some paperwork to back up your skills.

Matt has hit the nail on the head though - no training or accreditation will guarantee success, it's how you apply yourself.

By doing it it opens up a few doors which 'could' lead to other works.

Here's my example of something recently that happened.

1) Won the walk through survey of a broad site.

2) Because i wrote the report i had the chance to quote against the other companies.

3) won the tender as i knew exactly what the spec was.

4) completed the work and got asked to carry out an Alder felling test day for piling for the broads authority. ( % trees felled per day vs cutters cost)

Now if i hadn't my tech cert I'm sure i wouldn't of got no1, might have never been asked to quote on no2, possibly not got no3 because i would of had to have interpreted the report. which would of meant i wouldn't of been asked to do no4.

The PTI would open up the same chances in the case I'm sure. Without it your just another name in the book when it comes to sending out a tender.

but it will allow you to be on CAS as a professional tree inspector:thumbup1:

and begin charging, ergo, making wonga on a consultant level.

Ian Flatters, by doing it opens doors, is spot on, thats how you make your money:thumbup1: You need to have a depth and quality of knowledge and then apply it at every opportunity, the levels are there as a measurement of how much you can remember, I dont think the PTI is what i would call consultant level, but it is a start and it will open more doors. From having quantifiable knowledge is the only way to progress. Good luck with it Hama, i think you will find its an easy course :thumbup1: