advice/help with ifor timber trailer and crane

GreenCoToM

hi i have a 12 by 6 ifor williams flatbed with manual hiab swinglift crane lifts a tonne at stretch and is ideal for moving dumpy bags of logs onto trailer and customers drive but recently have been using it for moving timber of jobs and i could do with a bigger crane with bigger reach just want some advice on if this is possible and what crane would be best i have seen many different set ups and different companies selling timber cranes but would like some advice any help would be well appreciated and many thanks for taking time to read my thread.

this is my main concern i also forgot to mention i have a skidsteer with timber grab so generally load trailer up with that on bigger jobs but we have to take skidsteer out on trailer load it up with timber go and tip off and then come back for skidsteer which is the main issue so with the little crane i have is great but only reaches about 3 metres max which is where the main issue lies have seen riko's ifor trailer crane mounted trailer but at 10k is a bit expensive in comparsion with fitting similar crane to our trailer we already have many thanks for your help all feedback is well appreciated

I was going to do this with an ifor, probably still will at some point but I might be able to get away with mid mounting mine, there are a few cranes that will fit nicely but as skyhuck says nose weight is a problem but it's just one of many problems putting a pretty big crane on a trailer, you are looking at anywhere around 500-700kg all up with stabilisers, to make it stable it really needs 4 legs.

The best crane that suited what I needed was the palfinger PK2900 which is a nice light crane but finding a s/h one is virtually impossible also a hiab 027 both have decent reach and lift capacity for a trailer.

thanks for advice my current trailer has got four legs to stable it while lifting and will keep my eyes open for one of them cranes or something similar i have only seen 1 company who has got what i want but is the other end of the country so not as tho i can go and have a quick look at his

I came very close to doing the same thing, my problem: I never want to lift timber.

I have an alpine tractor and loader which is great but takes up all the room on the trailer so I have to leave it on site if I want to haul stuff away, this is fine on a week long job if there is somewhere to store it, but often that isn't the case. I have bought a valtra with roof mount, and that is fantastic but not worth taking out unless there is a lot of wood.

I looked into the 3.5t crane trailer combo and eventually decided that a decent crane would eat up so much payload that it wouldn't be worth the effort. However I did see a scissor fold crane that folds flat like a hiab and thought about mounting it on the rear of a landy and having a toolbox in front. then you can tow whatever trailer you like....

Maybe I'll do it one day...

I have looked at trailer mounted cranes ,but to heavy and then thought about moutin on a landy a short wheel base , but to mount at rear would make it back heavy unless it will swing 360 over the cab to clamp on a bullbar. If it was mid mount would it make the reach short over the trailer?

hi i have a 12 by 6 ifor williams flatbed with manual hiab swinglift crane lifts a tonne at stretch and is ideal for moving dumpy bags of logs onto trailer and customers drive but recently have been using it for moving timber of jobs and i could do with a bigger crane with bigger reach just want some advice on if this is possible and what crane would be best i have seen many different set ups and different companies selling timber cranes but would like some advice any help would be well appreciated and many thanks for taking time to read my thread.

have you seen this one thats been built

AC Price Engineering - Ifor HIAB026-3